Home

Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

This is a discussion on Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

The biggest telling point to me that showed M11 didn't even try this year, was hearing Madden players say Collinsworth was calling Gus "Tom".

Also, the Extra Point show not only has the same two people, but they're wearing the same clothes as last year!!!!!!!

Rehash much, EA!?

Commentary in Madden, even going back to last-gen Michaels and Madden, was never their strong point. It has needed work for years, but always seemed to be bypassed for some other gimmick.

Then along comes NBA 2k11. That should be a blueprint on how commentary should be in EVERY sports game, let alone Madden.

EA---- get yourself a real sound engineer, and stop hiring college interns to do the work...
Old 10-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #114
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
What I DO hear on Sundays, esp. in tight games in a sold out Arrowhead Stadium for example, is continuous, loud, boisterous cheering, so much so that it drowns out the QB trying to call cadence. Even louder inside domes.
Thats how Gameday was. That game was loud.

BTW your sig is Madden 04 in a nutshell. In my first game I took a 3 TD lead with little knowledge on how to actually play. Just road skynet. I lost the lead because of fumbles and deep completions in double coverage.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 6

The fact remains, the EA crew truly thinks they have made a great game. They think their ratings and rosters are great, Madden Ultimate Team packs are great.

Supposing that football is a very difficult game to program, more difficult than basketball, why is the halftime show, post-game show and in-game commentary lacking? Shouldn't Madden's be comparable to SCEA's The Show and 2K's NBA2K11? What's stopping them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #116
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
The fact remains, the EA crew truly thinks they have made a great game. They think their ratings and rosters are great, Madden Ultimate Team packs are great.

Supposing that football is a very difficult game to program, more difficult than basketball, why is the halftime show, post-game show and in-game commentary lacking? Shouldn't Madden's be comparable to SCEA's The Show and 2K's NBA2K11? What's stopping them?
I think the fact that football is a difficult game to immitate in a video game is even MORE reason to make sure the presentation is DEAD ON!!!!!

Because in all honesty...NFL 2K5 wasn't so incredibly unbelievable on the field. It was good. But its strong point (and what made the game lengendary) was good gameplay and dynamite presentation.

Put together...it just felt like you were watching a game on ESPN while playing. I miss that.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #117
Banned

OVR: 17

Even if it were hard to program, Madden doesn't even get the simple, little things, right. I would agree that football probably is the hardest to translate into a video game. BUT. We've given EA over 5 years now, and it's been one giant disappointment after another. They need something new, they need to start fresh. Madden as we know it needs to die.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #118
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

This thread is telling.

I've even been tempted to trade in M11 towards NBA2K11. No, not because I don't like this year's Madden. I enjoy it quite a bit. But from a detail standpoint, Madden gets lapped multiple times by NBA2K. I'm not even looking forward to the draft in my franchise because I know it's relatively the same as the 6 drafts I did last year in M10.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #119
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
This thread is telling.

I've even been tempted to trade in M11 towards NBA2K11. No, not because I don't like this year's Madden. I enjoy it quite a bit. But from a detail standpoint, Madden gets lapped multiple times by NBA2K. I'm not even looking forward to the draft in my franchise because I know it's relatively the same as the 6 drafts I did last year in M10.
rgiles......
If you saw the draft in 2K11 you'd be ticked.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #120
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

I was going to start a new thread about this but I will just post it here instead. Any community guys that go back to EA for Madden 12, please ask the Madden devs what sports games they play besides Madden. I dont see how ANYONE that actually plays a variety of sports games can create and play Madden year after year and be proud. To create a great product, creators should always sample other products. Im really starting to think Madden devs are in a creative bubble and just feeding off inhouse ideas.

If Madden 12 is "staus quo" after everyone has had a chance to sample NBA 2k11 and The Show, I dont know what to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »