Home

Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

This is a discussion on Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #25
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

This is why I always purchase NBA 2k on the first day...Their attention to detail is what gives the game soul. When I play Madden, it just feels cold and lifeless...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

I haven't been a fan of basketball since the Jordan days, and i don't know much about it at all anymore. But i plan on getting this game just because it has EVERYTHING that it needs to make it a fantastic game. Not to mention, being able to play as the past greats like Jordan, Wilkins, Payton, etc. Even their "superstar mode" called My Player looks to be a LOT better than what we get for Madden. I cannot wait to pick this game up come October 5th.

I'll miss not having a good football game, but at least i get to watch it every week along with the extra stuff from NFL Network in between. I know i won't watch any basketball games because i really have no interest in the sport as a fan, but i'll be playing that game non-stop to get my sports sim fix in.

Madden will never give the video game community anything even close to this.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #27
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillRobP
I haven't been a fan of basketball since the Jordan days, and i don't know much about it at all anymore. But i plan on getting this game just because it has EVERYTHING that it needs to make it a fantastic game. Not to mention, being able to play as the past greats like Jordan, Wilkins, Payton, etc. Even their "superstar mode" called My Player looks to be a LOT better than what we get for Madden. I cannot wait to pick this game up come October 5th.

I'll miss not having a good football game, but at least i get to watch it every week along with the extra stuff from NFL Network in between. I know i won't watch any basketball games because i really have no interest in the sport as a fan, but i'll be playing that game non-stop to get my sports sim fix in.

Madden will never give the video game community anything even close to this.
Seeing "The Human Highlight Film" got me jazzed.

LOVE 'Nique!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #28
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
This is why I always purchase NBA 2k on the first day...Their attention to detail is what gives the game soul. When I play Madden, it just feels cold and lifeless...
The amount of detail between NBA2K and Madden is night & day...period.

The Madden devs will program one thing that makes you go, "Brilliant!" For example, the cutscene of an injured player in street clothes. That's hot! But not when the player he's talking to is already on the field UGH!

Same thing applies with some of the stat banners. In the beginning of the game (franchise mode), it'll typically say the QB has X-amount of yards and X-tds on the season. Does that tell me how the QB is playing??? No! What's the QB rating? How about completion percentage? The stats they give us are inconclusive.

I don't even bark about it much any more. Presentation is not a strength for Madden, and I don't suspect it will be any time soon. MLB The Show & NBA 2K will continue to lap Madden in this dept.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #29
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Just incredible.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
It's amazing how big little details can seem. Not much in the video is "Oh my god that is AWESOME" stuff, but a lot of it is stuff that's just cool and adds so much depth and immersion.

Don't give me the same canned break down of the QB match up each week, tell me if they won last week, who played well, who is injured, and who to keep an eye on. That little stuff makes each game in Franchise feel unique.
Agreed! It is minor, but if you do it properly, all these minor pieces add up to something really special.

If you don't do it properly, it's an ugly eyesore. Nothing is worse than the broken opening game intros with QB's (apparently there was hundreds of these, yet broken, so they don't display ever).....and the division standings, which will include that week's simmed results, showing you results from games that are actually slated to happen after the game you are playing.....and also don't update so they won't display the teams in the correct order.

It just screams of half arserry.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #31
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

I was already gonna buy this game on the first day...but this is my first time seeing that video, and now I wish I could get it earlier!

I've been playing the NBA 2K games since 2K8...and i've always thought its been a great experience. And its only been getting better. The presentation is fantastic...and the gameplay is pretty damn good as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

There's no video there anymore. It's about shoes. Can someone relink?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »