Home

Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

This is a discussion on Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhWard
I've been staying up late this week playing NBA 2K11. Like many before me, I'm not that big of a hoops fan - but this is a sports game done right.

When I play 2K11 - I can feel the passion of the guys who made it. It's there in all the tiny tiny details. It's more than just classic players and nostalgia.

Free throw rituals for individual players could/should be our QB pre-snap ritual. Signature Shot Styles should be our signature animations for the league's major stars...more than just celebrations - the nuances of how they play the game. We've got stadium and team specific sounds, but every stadium feels the same. Why, Madden?

Blocking the game out like it's a television show WORKS. Having both commentators together and having them contribute to how the commentary technology should flow WORKS. Having a TV style camera, highlight and replay system WORKS.

The road map for Madden to get presentation correct is right there in a basketball game. It's just up to them to follow it. It's not where you get it from, it's where you take it.

-SeventhWard
I think NBA2K11 has exposed Madden in a way that sickens me..

Madden feels so lifeless and cold and.. generic almost

like, really.. NBA2K11 was just done right, I have no words to describe it except that I agree with you it truly is a labor of love

and it was done right

2k sports did it right
Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #58
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

You guys are right in that 2K's presentation isn't a one year wonder.

But one thing 2K did this year that I think would help Madden a great deal in this area is bring in a network guy. Like 2K hired the guy from TNT.

Who better to show you how to emulate...than the very people you're trying to emulate?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

What bothers me the most about the lack of Maddens presentation is that EA on Madden alone probably makes 4 to 5 times the profit of all 2k games combined, has the largest programming staff, I would think a much much larger programing budget than any basketball game wether thiers or 2k, has been the longest running sports game franchise by 10yrs, has the most experiance with all sports games across all platforms including PC, the most access ever to any of the NFL properties/ highlites/ film/ voice overs due to thier exclusivity, the most access ever to ESPN broadcasts/properties/voice overs due to thier exclusivity, the biggest sport in the US and has the biggest fanbase following (although I think they lost that to shooters the last couple years).

The #1 question is how are we given Madden11 when basketball and hockey game presentations and gameplay refinement are light years ahead of them and released only 2 months later ???
Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #60
Banned

it's called being the only game in town

when you're the only game in town, u can get lazy and do nothing and still sell

personally, I haven't supported Madden in *YEARS* .. the only time I ever got back to a Madden game was when coach mode finally returned last year

but yea, Madden been slippin for years now but the problem is if you want your nfl fix, they're the only game in town

they can repackage last year's game, rename it this year and people will still buy it

wait, that's exactly at what they did for 10-11

......and sorry to dash y'alls hopes but i doubt this "franchise revamp" is ready for 12
Old 10-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 6

Not to turn this into a 2k5 vs Madden thread, but if 2k is putting this amount of detail into the third or fourth most popular sport out there, imagine what they'd have done by now with football.

Here's hoping that this American Needle decision leads to EA losing its stranglehold on NFL football down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 02:17 AM   #62
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

a taste of perfection

this right here is the halftime report.. imagine a halftime report, a game recap like this for Madden? just imagine it

but.. you know.. sit back, watch this, LISTEN to it.. enjoy how it's all perfectly tied together seamlessly..

notice how the comments are backed by the statistics reinforced by the highlight clips being shown?? and it's all done seamlessly..

this is truly where any layman can see how far Madden is or EA in general in terms of presentation.. 2K is lightyears ahead

perfectly seamless folks..

halftime -> halftime report -> recap and highlights with action clips -> end of break

......yea, I can only dream Madden someday reaches this level of seamless integration
Old 10-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #63
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Nice. be back in a minute.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:42 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Ever since I got 2k11 I haven't touched any other game. Madden and NCAA are so boring and lifeless compared to 2k11. 2k11 has realistic gameplay, sim stats, franchise mode, presentation, graphics, atmosphere, etc. It completely embarrasses Madden 11 and NCAA 11.

Every time I play 2k11 I am amazed. This is the best sports game released ever. Surpasses 2k5 and 2k8 and their child if they had one. NBA Today was a great addition.

2k11 proved you don't need network licenses to get presentation that matches real TV networks. Their generic 2k Network puts the EA and ESPN presentations to shame in EA's games.

I know I am basically just bashing Madden, but after playing 2k11 I know what developers can accomplish when they really want to produce a great game and Madden is nothing close to that. I could only imagine what 2k football would be like. NFL Today, awesome presentation, simulation and casual settings, etc. The game would probably top NBA 2k11.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »