Home

The Low down on Super Bowl or Playoff atmosphere in Madden?

This is a discussion on The Low down on Super Bowl or Playoff atmosphere in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2003, 11:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Low down on Super Bowl or Playoff atmosphere in Madden?

Quote:

davidgilmour said:
Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Chances are Maddens playoff Superbowl atmosphere will be nothing special and same as regular game. EA has not said anything about it and if I recall I read somewhere they said no celebrations. They only been talking about Owner mode and a little about playmaker. That's all I've heard and read about. Nothing about flaws being fixed, gameplay additions or anything related to gameplay. Your best bet is getting ESPN. The Superbowl in it will be off the chain.

If i may ask you a ? have u played madden 2004 or espn football yet? didn't think so. I think the celebrations are overated i personally dont care some people might but i think its a stupid reason to make a choice on one of the two football games.

No I haven't played either game yet. Maybe if you look at info for both games you will see ESPN has playoff Superbowl atmostphere and celebrations and Madden doesn't. Having playoff Superbowl atmosphere and celebrations is a way of making it feel like the real thing and an acomplisment for making it to the big game. People complained that the playoff atmosphere and Superbowl was not exciting like it should be in other words it didn't feel like the playoffs or the superbowl. This is big even if you don't care which sounds more like hidden jealousy of ESPN for incorperating it and Madden didn't. I may be wrong though about you not caring thinking it's overrated but I find that hard to believe especially if you are a real football fan and not just some1 looking to play a videogame of it. Point blank is ESPN has an all out celebration and playoff Superbowl atmosphere and Madden does not. Read the information, look at screen shots of ESPN's Superbowl which is just a taste, Read the interviews and key features listed of the games. They clearly show and say what this years football games have to offer. I don't have to play the games to know what's in them and what isn't.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:53 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I hope both games have a neutral crowd in the Superbowl, instead of cheering for the "home"
Old 08-05-2003, 12:18 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

You can have the most kick *** realistic celebrations ever seen in a game but if the gameplay sucks, I'll never play it long enough to get to the superbowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2003, 03:37 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Quote:

davidgilmour said:
Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Chances are Maddens playoff Superbowl atmosphere will be nothing special and same as regular game. EA has not said anything about it and if I recall I read somewhere they said no celebrations. They only been talking about Owner mode and a little about playmaker. That's all I've heard and read about. Nothing about flaws being fixed, gameplay additions or anything related to gameplay. Your best bet is getting ESPN. The Superbowl in it will be off the chain.

If i may ask you a ? have u played madden 2004 or espn football yet? didn't think so. I think the celebrations are overated i personally dont care some people might but i think its a stupid reason to make a choice on one of the two football games.

No I haven't played either game yet. Maybe if you look at info for both games you will see ESPN has playoff Superbowl atmostphere and celebrations and Madden doesn't. Having playoff Superbowl atmosphere and celebrations is a way of making it feel like the real thing and an acomplisment for making it to the big game. People complained that the playoff atmosphere and Superbowl was not exciting like it should be in other words it didn't feel like the playoffs or the superbowl. This is big even if you don't care which sounds more like hidden jealousy of ESPN for incorperating it and Madden didn't. I may be wrong though about you not caring thinking it's overrated but I find that hard to believe especially if you are a real football fan and not just some1 looking to play a videogame of it. Point blank is ESPN has an all out celebration and playoff Superbowl atmosphere and Madden does not. Read the information, look at screen shots of ESPN's Superbowl which is just a taste, Read the interviews and key features listed of the games. They clearly show and say what this years football games have to offer. I don't have to play the games to know what's in them and what isn't.

How in the he!! do you know what is and isn't in each game? Yeah sure, you've read info, news articles, interviews, and looked at pics and videos. But have you read anywhere where it said that madden DIDNT implement superbowl atmosphere in there game this year. Just because you haven't read about it doesn't mean it's not there. Wait until the game comes out to pass judgement please, and quit pretending like you know something that we don't, because the fact of the matter is YOU REALLY DONT KNOW ANYMORE THAN ANY OF US!
Old 08-05-2003, 04:05 AM   #13
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

homeycool said:
Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Quote:

davidgilmour said:
Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:

How in the he!! do you know what is and isn't in each game? Yeah sure, you've read info, news articles, interviews, and looked at pics and videos. But have you read anywhere where it said that madden DIDNT implement superbowl atmosphere in there game this year. Just because you haven't read about it doesn't mean it's not there. Wait until the game comes out to pass judgement please, and quit pretending like you know something that we don't, because the fact of the matter is YOU REALLY DONT KNOW ANYMORE THAN ANY OF US!

Are you stupid? Several people have the game buddy. Are you missing something? A little slow?
Old 08-05-2003, 05:50 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
I hope both games have a neutral crowd in the Superbowl, instead of cheering for the "home"

This was fixed in NCAA 2004 for the Nat'l Championship so I imagine it's also fixed in Madden.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:43 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2003, 09:02 AM   #16
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

As much as I would like a good SB celebration and all, it wont bother not one bit. For the ppl who think that since ESPN has a SB celebration, its the game to get*cough*CLASSIFIED*cough*, yall crazy as hell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »