Home

The Low down on Super Bowl or Playoff atmosphere in Madden?

This is a discussion on The Low down on Super Bowl or Playoff atmosphere in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2003, 09:20 AM   #17
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Low down on Super Bowl or Playoff atmosphere in Madden?

Quote:

GreenGlen said:
You can have the most kick *** realistic celebrations ever seen in a game but if the gameplay sucks, I'll never play it long enough to get to the superbowl.

But madden doesn't have either.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:01 AM   #18
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Graphik said:
As much as I would like a good SB celebration and all, it wont bother not one bit. For the ppl who think that since ESPN has a SB celebration, its the game to get*cough*CLASSIFIED*cough*, yall crazy as hell.

"People always bitch about how the gameplay in Madden stays the same, hell gameplay in the actual NFL stays the same. ----Meatlofjack"

cmon now man.... I am a Madden and ESPN fan, but you're comparing real life to a video game. I seriously feel bad for you for having that is a sig.

Regarding your lil comment. ESPN and Madden are both great games. ESPN for gameplay and presentation and Madden for Owner mode and franchise. I think your *** is the one that's "crazy as hell" deal wit it
Old 08-05-2003, 10:19 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7

Is this not the madden section? Why are so many ESPN "lovers" in here trying to start sh!t . I can't wait to get BOTH games (yes BOTH) and I am pumped equally for them both. Madden is going to have new animations in it and you know they are going to be sweet. No offense to ESPN but everybody keeps saying that madden doesn't change gameplay? What do you want them to do? The only thing I could agree on is them changing problems of DB play and the whole jump ball pass thing. Other than that it is their style of play. They are not looking for their style like ESPN who seems to have problems and overhaul their game every year. They are not changing their game so much because that is what they do. They are changing it so much because they have problems in the game. I personally like that because it brings excitment into the NFL videogame off-season but don't go complaining about Madden not changing so drasticly. And that is my two cents. Im bubbachuck **followed by paper sort**
Old 08-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #20
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

ESPN for gameplay and presentation and Madden for Owner mode and franchise.

So in other words you're saying Madden has no gameplay and its only appeal will be the owners mode. Man please. My comment is directed towards ppl who say that ESPN will be better cause it has a SB celebration. Now what reason is that to buy a game which is basically what he said. And as for you adding you lil 2 cents, you dont know me or what I play. You may think that since my sig reps Madden that I'm some type of Maddenite. If thats your thinking, you're dead wrong. I stand by my sig which basically says that the gameplay in real NFL football has always been the same, why not Madden. Which IMO does a good job at representing a gameplay of a real life football game, so does ESPN. And are'nt you sopposed to compare real life football to Madden or ESPN because thats basically what they're tryna emulate?
Man, you need to think before you type.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Quote:

davidgilmour said:
Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Chances are Maddens playoff Superbowl atmosphere will be nothing special and same as regular game. EA has not said anything about it and if I recall I read somewhere they said no celebrations. They only been talking about Owner mode and a little about playmaker. That's all I've heard and read about. Nothing about flaws being fixed, gameplay additions or anything related to gameplay. Your best bet is getting ESPN. The Superbowl in it will be off the chain.

If i may ask you a ? have u played madden 2004 or espn football yet? didn't think so. I think the celebrations are overated i personally dont care some people might but i think its a stupid reason to make a choice on one of the two football games.

No I haven't played either game yet. Maybe if you look at info for both games you will see ESPN has playoff Superbowl atmostphere and celebrations and Madden doesn't. Having playoff Superbowl atmosphere and celebrations is a way of making it feel like the real thing and an acomplisment for making it to the big game. People complained that the playoff atmosphere and Superbowl was not exciting like it should be in other words it didn't feel like the playoffs or the superbowl. This is big even if you don't care which sounds more like hidden jealousy of ESPN for incorperating it and Madden didn't. I may be wrong though about you not caring thinking it's overrated but I find that hard to believe especially if you are a real football fan and not just some1 looking to play a videogame of it. Point blank is ESPN has an all out celebration and playoff Superbowl atmosphere and Madden does not. Read the information, look at screen shots of ESPN's Superbowl which is just a taste, Read the interviews and key features listed of the games. They clearly show and say what this years football games have to offer. I don't have to play the games to know what's in them and what isn't.

See to me all i am saying is the celebrations in espn aren't gonna make me go out and throw down 49.99 on it just cause theres i might get to see randy moss smoke some pot after he wins the superbowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2003, 10:30 AM   #22
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

Enough with you ESPN marks... Wait and see for yourself.

I for one are not going to buy a game because they hold a trophy in the air.

Frankly Super Bowls suck because like someone said it's like a L.A. sporting event. A bunch of rich people that have no idea who either team is.

See people like you ESPN guys are in denial. You see the reviews, you see the hype and it eats at you that Madden is getting better reviews and hype.

Play the game, and it speaks for itself.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:35 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

k2thaz said:

Frankly Super Bowls suck because like someone said it's like a L.A. sporting event. A bunch of rich people that have no idea who either team is.

See people like you ESPN guys are in denial. You see the reviews, you see the hype and it eats at you that Madden is getting better reviews and hype.

Well said i bought both last year and i liked madden way more still play it today under a week before 04 is coming out. It could just be me but i dont like the gameplay in the 2k/espn series.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:35 AM   #24
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

k2thaz said:

huh? I've played Madden for what...12 years? I've played Sega for 1 year? I think you got the 2 games backwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »