Home

Questions on hiring Head Coach

This is a discussion on Questions on hiring Head Coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #17
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Questions on hiring Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Yes, but do those boosts actually show up in the game? Seems to me like ratings don't mean a whole lot. I've seen CPU generated QBs rated poorly for accuracy throwing like Drew Brees, and guys with very poor rating for THP bombing them like Brady and Peyton.
What are your sliders set at? Get a good set and you will see the difference.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Yes, but do those boosts actually show up in the game? Seems to me like ratings don't mean a whole lot. I've seen CPU generated QBs rated poorly for accuracy throwing like Drew Brees, and guys with very poor rating for THP bombing them like Brady and Peyton.
Some of that has to be a slider setting. Next, I don't know what QBs you are talking about, but D. Brees and P. Rivers are the top two deep accuracy QBs in Madden, and the only two with 90+ deep accuracy, who also only have 88 throwing power. Under 90+ throwing power isn't that big of a loss. The 87/88/89 throwing power range is still very good. Also, check the medium accuracy of those QBs. There are a number of QBs with mid 80's medium accuracy in the default rosters. This is also a very nice stat. The real issue with a lot of QBs in the NFL is their "awareness." Sure, Manning, Brady, Rivers and other can throw the ball "on a rope" but they also understand coverages. This is the awareness rating.

In real life, it takes a lot of skill to drop back, read the defense, make the correct choice of where to throw the ball with bigg offensive and defensive linemen in your line of sight, knowing you only have around 3 second to make that choice, and then also have the arm that can get it there. QB is one of, if not, the most difficult job[s] in sports. In Madden, outside of throwing acuracy, most of the rest of these skills are lumped into a generic "awareness" rating. Also, i wish there was a computer awarenss/ball carrier vison slider. We have a run reaction and pass reaction slider for defense that directly relates to defensive awareness. We should have the same for offense. We could improve the computer running game [or should] by boosting that slider [if it was real] and could tune QB play as well.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

I have Rivers and you would be amazed at how many times he's missed guys wide open, not to mention those frequent times overthrowing guys.

I was talking about CPU generated QBs who have lousy accuracy ratings, (Short, Medium, Deep) and they can throw with such precision it boggles the mind.

I am in year 2017 so I've seen quite a bit.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #20
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
What are your sliders set at? Get a good set and you will see the difference.
One question, one slider, what setting for Minimum Speed Threshold produces realistic speed differences? I play on All-Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »