Home

Questions on hiring Head Coach

This is a discussion on Questions on hiring Head Coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Questions on hiring Head Coach

Every year my Head Coach resigns and I need to hire a new one. I have been rehiring him every year but he always resigns. I am thinking maybe the AI wants me to hire someone else because my HC doesn't offer any ratings bonus while many others do. In case you're wondering, I've won the Super Bowl many times, so it isn't a hint to hire a new HC because my guy is bad. Now to the questions:

1. Some HCs offer Bonus ratings and some offer none. Do these Bonus ratings really matter? I mean, do they really have an effect in the game?

2. Is a HC with experience and success with no Bonus ratings a better choice over those with Bonus ratings?

3. What does the Head Coach do?

4. What is the reason you pick a Head Coach? Bonus ratings? Experience? Winning seasons? Something else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Questions on hiring Head Coach

I think they give bonuses, but they don't do anything else. I'd just keep the one out of the box for cut-scene purposes.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

hey man i think overall the HC is there more so to give you a identity if you dont play your games. Your head coach dictates your play style...whether you are 3-4 or 4-3 etc. As well as your style of offense. now you can change all this but I believe the point of the HC is to bring a identity to your team!

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 10-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I think they give bonuses, but they don't do anything else. I'd just keep the one out of the box for cut-scene purposes.
My HC doesn't bring any bonuses. Would I be better off hiring a HC with bonuses or keep him for the cut-scene purpose?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Depending on how good your coach is how well you coach does. But I'm hoping why Ian and crew is redoing the whole franchise mode this coming year for madden 12. That they will redo the hiring of the coaches and stuff. As of right now there is some messed up coding in the hiring firing process of the coaching stuff. I would sign a OC to a 3 year deal and then the next offseason it shows I have to resign another OC which I have one already. The coding needs to be redone for next year franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
Rookie

I think there's a huge oppotunity with the coaches. HCs should have a philosophy of how they want to play (air-it-out/3-4, for example), so once they're hired that should dictate the OCs you can choose (for my example, you couldn't pick an OC that favors TEs and running backs, for instance). Then your playbooks are formed from that.

You could even go so far as to shade out available free agency players that don't suit your coach's style. E.g. Pete Carroll likes taller WRs.

It would make picking your coaches A LOT more meaningful.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
I think there's a huge oppotunity with the coaches. HCs should have a philosophy of how they want to play (air-it-out/3-4, for example), so once they're hired that should dictate the OCs you can choose (for my example, you couldn't pick an OC that favors TEs and running backs, for instance). Then your playbooks are formed from that.

You could even go so far as to shade out available free agency players that don't suit your coach's style. E.g. Pete Carroll likes taller WRs.

It would make picking your coaches A LOT more meaningful.
I like it! Hiring a staff shapes your football team in the NFL. It should in madden as well.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Under the current system, you ARE better off hiring coaches that give ratings boosts, which in this game means illogically, retired players. You don't think a +5 SPD for WR's isn't a biggie? It is, hire Randy Moss and get it.

There's also a bug in offline franchise where it will show you need to hire a particular coach but your guy is actually still there. You have to fire and re-hire him annually. Annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »