Home

Tiebreaker rules

This is a discussion on Tiebreaker rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Tiebreaker rules

For ONLINE franchise(and i guess offline franchise too) do they have real tiebreaking procedures?

Last year i heard it went by alphabetical order or some crap. me and 3 people are all in the same division and its so tight. its supposed to be head to head, division record, common opponents, conference record, strength of victory, and yeah idc about the rest lol. correct me if im wrong. i SHOULD win the division if the tiebreakers are normal.

if not, well i have no idea. im the lions in the nfc north and my one friend is the bears so if its alphabetical im stuck with a wildcard. we split our h2h games. thanks to gameflow i accidently picked fake field goal on a chip shot for the win. i would've had a 1st rd bye locked up already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Tiebreaker rules

For Online Franchise I can confirm they do not work correctly again.

Just had a tie for the final spot in the NFC, where Tampa Bay had H2H and a better conference record than Chicago, yet Chicago was in the playoffs and Tampa Bay was not.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed
For Online Franchise I can confirm they do not work correctly again.

Just had a tie for the final spot in the NFC, where Tampa Bay had H2H and a better conference record than Chicago, yet Chicago was in the playoffs and Tampa Bay was not.
daaaamn alright thanks man.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
Banned

it would be nice to know what the tiebreakers are. ive read from a lot of madden 10 posts that conference record is the 1st tiebreaker, but my friends and i might all tie or at least some of us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »