Home

You proved me wrong EA

This is a discussion on You proved me wrong EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: You proved me wrong EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with the original post. Yeah, they fixed the issues with a patch, but these issues, at least the majority of them, should have been fixed prior to release.

There's nothing that you can do in Madden 11 that you couldn't do in Madden 05. Compare NBA 2k11 to NBA 2k5 and you'll see that the difference is like night and day. This is the type of improvement that the "haters" have been clamoring for.

It's a shame when you think about it. The things that were corrected were supposed to work out of the box. Now I understand that essentially every game gets patched, but the scope of things that required a patch is unacceptable. There's no excuse for defense to be broken out of the box.
Absolutely right. This game is now 21 or 22 years in the making, and they still can't get the defense right. So they revert to patches which correct one issue, and then it creates other issues. And some gamers see this as ok. I guess so. This is the most purchased sports game in video gaming, and we still keep settling for sub par. Why should EA make this game near perfect when they keep making countless millions of dollars anyway, with all the problems that still exists.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I want to say a few things.

1.) I enjoy Madden 11, a lot more after these patches.

2.) Madden, and Madden 11 looks stunning, though I am still waiting for next-gen weather effects in a football game.

3.) Overall, 2k games still move and play better. As I have talked about before, there is a friend of mine that I have been introducing to football since the 2ed half of last season [well, he finally was willing to watch a game then.] Well, he bought Madden 11 in part because of it's GameFlow feature. Now, since then he is learning to call his own plays, but whatever. With all of that said, when I brought 2k5 and 2k8 over for him to look at, he was blown away. The next day he says to me "Madden just doesn't look the same after seeing those games." and he is right. Everything just moves and plays better.

So, again I enjoy playing Madden 11 and am glad to see the direction and changes that have been made in only two years, but looking at 2k games, it reminds how far EA is behind in many areas. There are things I love more in a Madden game: The Playbooks, the pre-snap adjustments for both Offense ad Defense, the removal of sprint [auto sprint,] and the general interface feels more natural to me.

I don't want this to be derailed into another 2k thread and get away from the OP point, but a moment of reflection of where we are, where we have been, and where we are going [I feel] is important. [I also hope the Mods feel i have done this in somewhat good taste.]
Old 10-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #11
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

I am glad that the op of the thread is enjoying this game...however I must say that it is still a long way from where it needs to be.

I think people have to realize that since the era of patches, certain dev teams seem to depend on the patch more than delivering a strong and finished product. When next gen Madden plays and looks that way I will be MORE than overjoyed and the first to sing it's praises out of the gate. Madden 11 is enjoyable, but it is not football. Madden 10 in my most humble opinion was far better especially on defense.

No game is perfect, but Madden 11 is just the latest in a long line of head scratchers for EA's prized franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #12
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

As somebody who only buys a Madden game once every 2-3 years, I will say that I am generally satisfied with Madden 11. I'm not blown away, I don't think that the developers deserve any huge pats on the back for what amounts to very incremental on-field progress since the PS2 days... but I am generally satisfied.

If I bought the game every year, I would probably feel differently... But that's the whole reason that I don't buy the game every year, I know it will not be worth it. This means that there is still work to be done, as for the game to be considered anything approaching great, EA needs to do something to change my "only buy it every third year" reasoning.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-01-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

I think Madden has made great strides with this game. It certainly plays better than past next-gen versions. However, something is still missing for me with this game. It just doesn't play as well (for me) as past versions (07 & 08) did on the original Xbox. It seems like player movment was better and I definatley think presentation was better. It just hasn't been the same for me since. I don't get the same feeling when I play Madden as I do MLB The Show or NHL 11.

Just my $.02
Old 10-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 11

For those that disagree with the OP, your points are well-taken and I agree. But I'm tired. All I know is that this latest patch gave me the game I was looking for back in August. So I'm going to play and enjoy it. I just don't have the energy to do anything else right now.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 12

Yup, ever since the latest patch I've been having great franchise games on all-pro with default sliders. I've won some and I've lost some... I can ever remember going 1-5 to start out my franchise, in years past I've been contending for the SB each year, now I really have to fight just to make the playoffs.

Signed, another VERY satisfied Madden 11 customer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #16
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phins86
I just want to take the time to apologize to EA. I've been pretty harsh on the new Madden since it came out. I've bashed it up and down. I've been to the point where I swore to never buy Madden again.

Thankfully I was wrong. The new patches/roster updates have made this one of the best football games I've ever played, hands down. I know some may still complain about the franchise mode being outdated and stale but for me being a primarily online gamer, I feel like this years Madden is a fantastic simulation of how it is on Sundays. I'm satisfied with the defense now which was my biggest gripe before. I've played four games in a row now in which I've had 3+ interceptions. I've seen a dramatic decrease in 600+ yard passing games and 80% completion percentages. I truly feel like the game is a chess match now and play calling is as important as ever. Not to mention all of the new tackling animations, and just overall fantastic presentation.

A man can admit when he is wrong. EA, I was wrong in saying you don't care about your fan base. You've obviously listened to our complaints and fixed the minor things that were holding this game back from being great. I'm happy to say that I was wrong in saying EA can't make a simulation football game anymore.

Signed,

A satisfied Madden customer
One of the best football games isn't good enough for me. I mean the football game genre has been poor for quite a while now and is still way behind other sports titles. I remember last year people saying Madden10 was the best Madden on next gen. That's no endorsment to me. For Madden12 if I read people putting it up there with the Show or Nba2k I would take notice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »