Home

should QB Break Tackle Animations be Automatic?

This is a discussion on should QB Break Tackle Animations be Automatic? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
should QB Break Tackle Animations be Automatic?

We've all seen it. We've watched TV and seen guys like Mike Vick, Big Ben, Tony Romo, and even Josh Freeman breaking away from sacks, getting away from pressure, and delivering the throw. Seeing this on TV, specifically with that Mike Vick spin, made me want to practice the right stick QB avoid sack feature. I tested it, played 2 games of 10 minute quarters, just waiting for the rush to come to attempt to break the sack all game with Mike Vick ,and I never broke one. This was frustrating for me, and im sure is frustrating for many others of you, and I think Sack avoidance animations should be automatic. This way, everybody can worry about playing their game instead of trying to make a highlight reel. Now, if this occurs, there needs to be a lot more free rushers off the edge and up the middle off of missed block assignments to make the situation more realistic, but how cool would that be?, more realistic pass rush situations, more free rushers up the middle off confusion, missed blocking assignments, and an actual speed rush, and on top of that, a qb that can break all of those tackles? how cool would that be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: should QB Break Tackle Animations be Automatic?

I like the idea... of course it all depends on the implementation.

If Matt Cassel were back there hopping around with crazy "avoid the sack" animations firing off and looking like Jackie Chan escaping so many movie bad guy stuntmen.... Then it would suck.

If it was the type of thing that only happened rarely, perhaps even less than in real NFL games, then I could see it working... But using restraint is the key, as the game is already slanted to offense, and QBs consistently defeating the pass rush with additional animations won't help.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have had a couple of automatic sack avoiding moments with Tim Tebow, wasn't trying at all, didn't even realise the rush was going to get me as I was looking up field.

He just stiff armed the LB and stepped up out of the tackle.

Granted this hasn't happened since I adjusted the sliders and set the game up to play "properly", it happened on the pro difficulty.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

have u guys ever gotten this animation?
ive gotten it a few times once with the punter on a fake it was pretty sick since i was using moormen(sp?) and took off running for the first after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEuHMC_to4
(couldnt find it in english)
Old 10-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think it should be automatic since like in real life you get that wtf wow effect. And you're kinda stunned it happened. Its pretty cool. With suction tackling toned down from last year the avoidance stick is gOod for stepping up into the pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

I've actually had it happen a couple times automatically for me.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #7
Defensive POTY

TheRealTodd's Arena

OVR: 2
It should be automatic, most of the broken tackles I see are automatic, so why shouldn't QBs a avoiding sacks be any different?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

It is automatic.

I think you may be flicking the qb avoidance stick wrong. You flick towards the direction of the incoming rusher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »