Home

Similar Attributes

This is a discussion on Similar Attributes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Similar Attributes

Can someone PLEASE explain some of this garbage to me? If a player has 50 pass blocking but has 90 pass block strength and 90 pass block footwork, what does that mean? If a lineman has 95 strength but 70 pass block strength? You get the idea. Where does strength apply? What is the difference between agility and elusiveness? Which ones are more important? Is the pass block rating the main rating, and the strength and footwork just tweak it, or the other way around? Or does straight pass block/run block mean nothing? I think I understand the difference between play recognition and awareness. ut some of these attributes are confusing and overlapping. I can make guesses but I'm wondering if anyone's got any actual facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Similar Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj24
Can someone PLEASE explain some of this garbage to me? If a player has 50 pass blocking but has 90 pass block strength and 90 pass block footwork, what does that mean? If a lineman has 95 strength but 70 pass block strength? You get the idea. Where does strength apply? What is the difference between agility and elusiveness? Which ones are more important? Is the pass block rating the main rating, and the strength and footwork just tweak it, or the other way around? Or does straight pass block/run block mean nothing? I think I understand the difference between play recognition and awareness. ut some of these attributes are confusing and overlapping. I can make guesses but I'm wondering if anyone's got any actual facts.
A mystery that will never be solved, EA never really explains the ratings. I'd love to know the answer too.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj24
Overall pass blocking is used for simming.
Pass block strength is "rolled" against the power move stat of the defensive guy he's engaged with.
Pass block footwork is rolled against finese move.
Agility is the ability to make cuts without losing momentium.
Elusiveness is the break tackle ability of an elusive guy(Trucking the same for power backs).
Old 10-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
A mystery that will never be solved, EA never really explains the ratings. I'd love to know the answer too.
ha yeah I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobH0922
Pass block strength is "rolled" against the power move stat of the defensive guy he's engaged with.
Elusiveness is the break tackle ability of an elusive guy(Trucking the same for power backs).
thanks that helps a bit.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Knowledge or guesses?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
yea im pretty sure its been stated that pass blocking, run bblcoking , and qb accuracy are just for simming

and to make elusiveness easier to understand its pretty much how slippery a guy is
Old 10-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Knowledge or guesses?
Knowledge.

Also cheapargentina-Elusiveness and Trucking replaced the attribute that used to be called "break tackle."

Last edited by JacobH0922; 10-02-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Knowledge.

Also cheapargentina-Elusiveness and Trucking replaced the attribute that used to be called "break tackle."
break tackle has been gone for a real long time it was still in NCAA last year idk bout 11 though
but just because a RB is a power back say frank gore it doesnt mean that elusiveness doesnt apply to him

im pretty sure the way it work is elusiveness kicks in by itself and trucking only applies when ur pushing the right stick up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »