Home

Who suffers the most since EA and Microsoft can't come to terms?

This is a discussion on Who suffers the most since EA and Microsoft can't come to terms? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2003, 10:38 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Who suffers the most since EA and Microsoft can\'t come to terms?

I think now that Sega has not been allowed to have online leagues on XBOX the truth about who was really at fault in the feud between EA and Microsoft is coming to light. The bottom line is Microsoft wants NFL Fever as the premium game on XBOX Live. I am not saying EA has no part in this either but I am just saying Microsoft has shown they don't want to cooperate too much with the online aspect with other football gaming companies mainly IMO because they are trying to push their own brand and jumpstart it, with that being NFL Fever. With Madden being not online on XBOX and ESPN not having online leagues that only leaves Fever.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:49 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

too bad fever feels more like nfl blitz to me.....

and yes we the consumers suffer cause EA and microsoft have more $$ than they know what to do with.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:29 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

ODogg said:
I think now that Sega has not been allowed to have online leagues on XBOX the truth about who was really at fault in the feud between EA and Microsoft is coming to light. The bottom line is Microsoft wants NFL Fever as the premium game on XBOX Live. I am not saying EA has no part in this either but I am just saying Microsoft has shown they don't want to cooperate too much with the online aspect with other football gaming companies mainly IMO because they are trying to push their own brand and jumpstart it, with that being NFL Fever. With Madden being not online on XBOX and ESPN not having online leagues that only leaves Fever.

I will wait and see if non microsft franchises get xsn next year, I think they will though
Old 08-06-2003, 03:55 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

I would say 12 year old boys, judging by the standard of Madden's PS2 online play.

Seriously, it bugs me to buy EA games when they are shafting my console of choice, but I make an exception for Madden and NCAA because they are so good (I won't buy any of EA's other Xbox fare). However, all that not having Madden online means for me is that I will be spending that much more time playing ESPN. Considering the fact that the 2K3 online experience was markedly better than the Madden 2003 experience, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:37 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

It only hurts US, the EA/MS customers.

Online isn't big enough to hurt EA or MS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 04:08 PM   #22
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am not on line, so I am out of the equation. But from different threads that I have read, it seems that more Madden Xboxers that want online are buying a PS2 rather than switching to 2K4 or Fever. I could be wrong, just my impression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »