Home

Worth Buying if I have NCAA 20004

This is a discussion on Worth Buying if I have NCAA 20004 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2003, 01:40 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Worth Buying if I have NCAA 20004

Well, I don't totally dislike it, but I think the gameplay in NCAA 2004 is much better. The DB AI in Madden 2003 was terrible, and from what I've heard at E3 it was still bad. NCAA 2004 makes you use more strategy, and for the first time in EA football games makes defense pretty fun to play. Madden 2003 wasn't like this, and from what I've heard, wasn't changed at E3. I hope they've made enough changes since then, and if they did I will buy Madden, but I'm not exactly counting down the days until it comes out like NCAA.

So basically, I think NCAA is just a much better game. There are to many things in Madden that are major flaws to me, that aren't in NCAA. Call me biased or whatever, but that's how I feel about it.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:43 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

I Am Definitely Buying Madden and I will play both when my wife let's Me .
Old 08-05-2003, 02:06 PM   #11
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Well, I don't totally dislike it, but I think the gameplay in NCAA 2004 is much better. The DB AI in Madden 2003 was terrible, and from what I've heard at E3 it was still bad. NCAA 2004 makes you use more strategy, and for the first time in EA football games makes defense pretty fun to play. Madden 2003 wasn't like this, and from what I've heard, wasn't changed at E3. I hope they've made enough changes since then, and if they did I will buy Madden, but I'm not exactly counting down the days until it comes out like NCAA.

So basically, I think NCAA is just a much better game. There are to many things in Madden that are major flaws to me, that aren't in NCAA. Call me biased or whatever, but that's how I feel about it.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you somewhat, I do feel that NCAA 2004 has better D than Madden 2003, but in like manner I also feel that Madden 2003 has better D than NCAA 2003 - and that leads me to believe the trend will continue and Madden 2004 will have better D than NCAA 2003.

Even the NCAA developers admit that Madden is a more polished game simply because more money is put into it.

I think alot of people like NCAA better simply because they like college football better.

I use this simple equation: Would you rather watch the

Bengals play the Cardinals

or

Duke play Wyoming.

If you answer the latter you like college football better.

I personally would watch the Cards/Bengals anytime over College football - simply because I know that pro teams are better and even though they are weak teams in the NFL, they would completely dominate if the same players played in the NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Actually I much prefer the NFL to college. I watch maybe 5 college football games a year. I can name at most 20 players.

I don't know why I enjoy the game so much, when I don't really follow college too much, but I do.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:20 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

I think im just gonna trade in NCAA and a few other games to get Madden. I am much more of a NFL guy then NCAA.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:23 PM   #14
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Actually I much prefer the NFL to college. I watch maybe 5 college football games a year. I can name at most 20 players.

I don't know why I enjoy the game so much, when I don't really follow college too much, but I do.

You are an undercover NCAA FhanBoye.

Just Kiddin!

NCAA is a slick game - I think the reason that it has that "charm" has alot to do with the commentary and the bands playing - just seems more exciting.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:07 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just out of curriousity, why is the same game engine a bad thing ? Sega when they produced an NCAA and NFL game used the same engine. Why would you want Madden and NCAA to use different engines?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2003, 03:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

because EA doesnt really do anything to the gameplay at all its the same gameplay since it launched on PS2 and it seems the 2K sereis aka ESPN and Fever this year are actually making game play improvments and differences

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »