Home

NCAA draft class import to Madden 04

This is a discussion on NCAA draft class import to Madden 04 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-05-2003, 04:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
NCAA draft class import to Madden 04

Does anyone know if it will be possible to see the imported players college awards and/or stats from NCAA 2004? probably not, but that would be cool.

For example, if Maurice Clarett wins the Heisman on NCAA 2004, will it list the award on Clarett's bio/profile in Madden 2004?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #2
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA draft class import to Madden 04

Why would it?
Old 08-05-2003, 06:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

k2thaz said:
Why would it?

Why WOULDN'T it?

That would be a nice touch, yo, if it did.....
Old 08-05-2003, 07:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

It should, but in year's past we haven't even been able to see any college stats... just ratings.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:11 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm not 100% positive but I think I remember reading in an interview that they will not transfer over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 05:20 PM   #6
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

rvd2kewl said:
I'm not 100% positive but I think I remember reading in an interview that they will not transfer over.

I would expect it not to be, they are already importing hundred's of players(and naming them for the first 3/4 years), their ratings and transfers those ratings into Madden ratings, that is a lot to do compared to just making up enough players to fill out a draft. Adding college stats/awards would make that draft save file HUGE(a problem for PS2, and EA won't do anything to upset Sony).
Old 08-06-2003, 05:51 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

CM1847 said:
Quote:

rvd2kewl said:

I would expect it not to be, they are already importing hundred's of players(and naming them for the first 3/4 years), their ratings and transfers those ratings into Madden ratings, that is a lot to do compared to just making up enough players to fill out a draft. Adding college stats/awards would make that draft save file HUGE(a problem for PS2, and EA won't do anything to upset Sony).

when all the systems have hard drives i think games will be so much better because bascially u have ulimted space to do whatever u want
Old 08-06-2003, 08:06 PM   #8
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

brad said:
when all the systems have hard drives i think games will be so much better because bascially u have ulimted space to do whatever u want

Exactly, they could probably easily do it for xbox right now, but EA is more loyal to Sony so it won't do annything xbox exclusive. Once the PSX or PS3 or whatever Sony comes out with that has a hard drive is released, I'm sure we will be seeing this feature added. It will further the idea of guiding a guy from college through a full pro career(and now even coaching) by letting you see EVERYTHING he's done in his career, it would be a very nice addition.

A little side note I just htought of, I think it would be absolutely amazing if they ever had the ability to coach in NCAA then move up to the NFL in Madden, or start as a coordinator in Madden and take a head coach job in NCAA. It's far fetched because then you start blurring the lines between the two games which would be really hard to do, but maybe somewhere down the line it could happen(10 years ago who'd of thought we could take players from a college game and put them into Madden and adjust hot-dog prices!).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »