Home

How real is owner mode?

This is a discussion on How real is owner mode? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-06-2003, 03:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How real is owner mode?

Quote:

luckym said:
msufan is correct. ALL signing bonus money DOES count against the salary cap, it is simply divided qually over the years of a contract... I was hoping that depending on whether or not if you had POSITIVE cash flow in your "bank"/budget that if would determine IF and HOW MUCH you were allowed to give out in signing bonuses in order to place MORE IMPORTANCE on turning a profit. Because if you can hand out any amount of signing bonuses and pay coaches anythign you want without being limited due to how much CASH you have, then IM not sure it is a good motivator to rake in the dough (other than upgrading your stadium with better arcades or whatever).

Very good observation. What will be the motivation for making money?
Old 08-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #10
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

I tell you right off the bat. I'm going in with a Bill Bidwell (Arizona Cardinals Owner) attitude. Am setting high prices & spending no money on or for players. lol.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I guess we will see soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 03:40 PM   #12
#00 AlonSlow Moaning

CoffeyN's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Catman24 said:
I tell you right off the bat. I'm going in with a Bill Bidwell (Arizona Cardinals Owner) attitude. Am setting high prices & spending no money on or for players. lol.

lol, Im going in with a George Shinn attitude, piss everyone in the city off so i can move the team. I probably will trade any young guys with lots of potential and get old ones that will leave in a year or two, then i will not try hard at all to sign key free agents.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:47 PM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm going in with a Sherwood Schwarz (former Argos owner) attitude. Cheap tickets, concessions and merch and hope to pack the place.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm going in with the Al Davis approach...get a team of veterans and sue everyone
Old 08-06-2003, 05:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you lose money you won't have enough money to pay all your players. So while you can't spend any more money than the salary cap, you still have to have enough money to cover your cap. I believe that is the main motivation for making money.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »