Home

Old 07-31-2003, 11:27 PM   #1
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Madden GC

For you GC Madden gamers out there -- how is the GC controller / control in the Gamecube version of Madden? Do you feel it is better than the Dual Shock 2? Better than the S-Controller? Is it the most intuitive control layout out there?

I never really cared for the GC. But it appears the GC version will have the best graphics for Madden...and the new Star Wars game coming this October looks ooooh sooo sweet. I'm not saying I'm going to go out and buy a GC...just curious. I don't think I can pass up another Star Wars on a Nintendo system. Damnit, why can't Nintendo just leave the hardware biz so we can just have 2 systems to buy instead of 3

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2003, 10:54 AM   #2
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden GC

i have a ps2 and a gc, and IMO, the gc controller is a really good fit for all sports games. it runs much smoother also. (i use ps2 for fighting and action games)
Old 08-01-2003, 11:21 AM   #3
Rookie

simpsman2244's Arena

OVR: 3

i like the feel of the gamecube controller. it worked well for me for the madden/ncaa games

btw

Old 08-01-2003, 02:17 PM   #4
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Madden works fine with the GC controller. I've never understood the bitching about the GC controller for sports, I could understand baseball but the rest of the sports are fine. And yes that Rebel Strike game looks really good, but the game to look out for is Viewtiful Joe by Capcom.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

i perfer the gc controller cause on the ps2 controller there like 4 triger buttons on the back that gets me confused likw what button is to juke and what button is to stiff arm. on gc if u want to stiff arm its the z button which is better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2003, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

maden2k4 said:
i perfer the gc controller cause on the ps2 controller there like 4 triger buttons on the back that gets me confused likw what button is to juke and what button is to stiff arm. on gc if u want to stiff arm its the z button which is better

Thanks, can you break down the button assignments for me? So the Z-button is used for both stiff arm left and right? That doesn't sound too bad...less buttons, less confusing
Old 08-01-2003, 06:16 PM   #7
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

One problem I have w/ NCAA 2k4 on GC is that on the playcalling menu, its B to get out of the menu and go back to the formations, and Y to choose the play on the left. It should be the other away around. Messed up plenty of times like that. I hope for you GC Madden users that its different.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:14 AM   #8
Rookie

simpsman2244's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Quote:

maden2k4 said:

Thanks, can you break down the button assignments for me? So the Z-button is used for both stiff arm left and right? That doesn't sound too bad...less buttons, less confusing

on last years game, it was
left shoulder = juke left
right shoulder = juke right
z button = stiff arm/put ball in other hand
a = speed burst
b = dive
x = spin
y = jump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »