Home

Are draft pick changes included in Madden updates?

This is a discussion on Are draft pick changes included in Madden updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Are draft pick changes included in Madden updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
I know how the mods go nuts if you ever MENTION 2k here (apology mods, not meant as more than a reference point), but as I recall they allowed you to deal FUTURE draft picks - not just this season's. Added another layer of complexity to the wheelin' & dealin', would love to see EA add that to franchise mode.
Yeah, I guess that would be nice.

But there is a fundamental flaw in weekly roster updates here.

As udungoffed already mentioned there are like 25+ traded draft picks this year. For something so common it should be part of roster updates.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

I went to the OF I used to run (until the OF servers went poop) and grabbed the traded draft picks that I was going to apply to our draft.

Quote:
NFL Draft 2011

1st Round
New England from Oakland - DT Richard Seymour

2nd Round
Denver from Miami - WR Brandon Marshall
New England from Carolina (2010 draft day trade)

3rd Round
San Diego from the NY Jets - CB Antonio Cromartie - pick could become a #2 on time
San Diego from Seattle - QB Charlie Whitehurst
Philadelphia gets a conditional #3 or #4 from Washington - QB Donovan McNabb
New Orleans has a conditional #3 or #4 from Washington - OT Jammal Brown

4th round
San Francisco from San Diego (2010 draft day trade)
Jacksonville from New Orleans (2010 draft day trade)

5th round
Philadelphia from San Diego (2010 draft day trade)
Tampa Bay from Denver (2010 draft day trade)

6th Round
Philadelphia from Tampa Bay - WR Reggie Brown
Cleveland from Denver - QB Brady Quinn
Detroit from Philadelphia (2010 draft day trade)
New England from New Orleans (TE David Thomas)
San Francisco from Seattle - DT Kentwan Balmer
Seattle from Detroit – DE Lawrence Jackson

7th Round
New England from New Orleans - TE David Thomas
Detroit from NY Jets - QB Kevin O'Connell
NY Jets from Arizona - FS Kerry Rhodes
San Fran from Detroit - QB Shaun Hill
Atlanta from Detroit - CB Chris Houston
Chicago from St. Louis (DB Kevin Payne).
Miami from Jacksonville (OG Justin Smiley)

Conditional Picks 2011
Green Bay from Carolina - LS J.J. Jansen
Seattle from Cleveland - QB Seneca Wallace
Washington gets either a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick from New Orleans to complete deal for OT Jammal Brown
Philadelphia will receive Washington's 3rd round pick and New Orleans with get the Redskins #4 pick if the Redskins either win 9 games or make to the playoffs this coming season or if QB Donovan McNabb is voted to the Pro Bowl. If those conditions aren't met then New Orleans will get the Redskins 3rd round pick Philadelphia gets their #4 pick. If New Orleans gets Washington's 3rd round pick then the Redskins will get a 5th rounder to complete the deal. If the Saints only get the Redskins #4 pick then Washington gets a th or 7th rounder to complete the deal

2012 Draft Picks

4th Round
Washington from Oakland - QB Jason Campbell

Conditional Picks
New Orleans from Washington - OT Jammal Brown If Brown takes part in 90% of the Redskins’ offensive snaps in 2011 or get voted to the Pro Bowl
Cleveland from Denver - QB Brady Quinn
Old 10-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow, so the Pats get a 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick next year.

See... thats huge, that should be in the game. In the game now, Moss goes to the Vikings and the Pats get litterally nothing.

Also the Raiders get to both keep their first round pick and get Seymour...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

I wish EA did this. Now granted sure we could go in and do that but the flaw is that we have to select all 32 teams and do the trades ourselves. There are two things I wish EA would do with roster updates:

- Up to Date with the Draft Picks, and who has what, for up to two years. As we have had 2012 Picks traded. If I start a Franchise with NE I want to have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds WITHOUT having to control all teams in Franchise to do it. Or At least when your not in Franchise, in the menu where you can do trades make it where You Can see the Draft Picks for each team and make it that we can trade them before we enter Franchise.

- Live Injuries as it happens. As it stands now players who get injured regardless when they got injured are gone for the year whether they got injured in Week 1 or Week 14. Fact is you can't play with the injured players regardless if they played Weeks 1-10 and got injured in Week 11 and will be out the rest of the year. What I would like to see is that ALL players are eligible to play with unless they are out on for the Year on Week 1, and they should do something where they code that this player plays until Week X where he suffered the season ending injury.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

It's stupid that teams like Minnesota get Randy Moss and the Patriots get nothing in madden. the same thing with the Seymore trade.

Look at the credits some time in Madden. A lot of people work on this game. They can't find some time to integrated this into roster updates, a code of some sort with each file that has all of the picks tied to them? Not even an editor for users to mess with? It's sad really. The default rosters out of the box don't have give NE the Raiders draft pick for Seymore.

This is a big reason why I like playing Fantasy Draft a lot more. It's more fair and when fake hand crafted rookies come into the league, it doesn't "ruin" the fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »