Home

Why Does This Game Feels So Scripted?

This is a discussion on Why Does This Game Feels So Scripted? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Why Does This Game Feels So Scripted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i will stipulate that the game can feel scripted at times..

however i believe its because the game can streach certain ratings because they are too high to begin with.

Ex. why would any Qb have a truck rating over 20.... so late in a game on all madden the cpu can use a multiplier(boost) all madden streach to pull off garbage EVERY GAME..

Pmanning has a 35 stiff arm( not sure but its close) on all madden he can throw off a DT from the blind side.... because the multiplier gives him something like a 70.

now if he had a 0 or 12 the default lowest the all madden multiplier that would have brought him to about 24 where he would have been sacked........
I believe it accounts for the unpredictability in the real life nfl. Example the Eli Manning to David Tyree toss in the super bowl. Sometimes freak plays happen and Madden should have room to allow that to happen. It shouldn't be common or the norm. If it is that's the problem. The act itself is ok just not too many times. IMO
Old 10-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I believe it accounts for the unpredictability in the real life nfl. Example the Eli Manning to David Tyree toss in the super bowl. Sometimes freak plays happen and Madden should have room to allow that to happen. It shouldn't be common or the norm. If it is that's the problem. The act itself is ok just not too many times. IMO

I get what u are saying but it doesn't change my opinion that this game feels scripted. I only had this game for a few days and 70% of the time the outcomes are like what I posted in the first thread.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #11
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTopDawg206
I get what u are saying but it doesn't change my opinion that this game feels scripted. I only had this game for a few days and 70% of the time the outcomes are like what I posted in the first thread.
It does feel scripted especially when plays happen at the expense of bad animations or strange warping. Especially balls going through defenders hands and the reciever catches it or a player will break 7 tackles on the way to td. It just feels cheap sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 05:55 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

because you don't understand what scripted means.

For some reason, every time I play, I always win.... therefore the game is scripted right?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

EA NHL is scripted, admitted by the Devs.

They've explained that their is a random generated sequence of events pre-determined before faceoff. Broken sticks, goals, and the like will happen in a set order determined by this random generation.

If you played an NHL game, then went to restart game in the pause menu (without quitting back to the main menus, this would change the random generation sequence), you would see the same events happening in the same order. They have explained this to us just like that.

Is this in Madden too?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

The CPU knows every call you make and decides what should happen. I can audible at the line from pass to run and the CPU knows where I am going to run. If in Shotgun and audible to run from shotgun formation, the CPU knows where I am running.

I've actually played FG Block against CPU and 3 WRs and seen the CPU go from shotgun to run formation getting blasted. Now that doesn't always happen as such, but the fact it even happens at all is very telling.

As far as I'm concerned, the game is scripted--and that's why it feels as such. However, I still feel the game is decided for the most part by what you do. I am in my ninth season and have not had any CPU comeback wins against me, but that is because the CPU respects my superior knowledge of the game.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
because you don't understand what scripted means.

I hate posters like you and those smart *** comments.

What's your gamertag/psn account? Let me look u up and see if u always win like you claim.

Last edited by DaTopDawg206; 10-08-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed

Is this in Madden too?

Seems like an EA thing. Live feels scripted and so does NCAA.

NCAA 11 feels less scripted to me though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »