Home

Old 10-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Defense ?

Yall know what will fix the problem ? They need to bring back the vision cone. That makes passing the ball more realistic by making it tougher. I hated the day they took away the importance of that vision cone. When the game got too defensive for em , then they completely took it out. I miss that cone.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

i liked it as well, i think it was a great concept and could be re-implemented with a little tuning to make it less cumbersome to use online. i mean...how cool was it check check off a user controller safety and snap it back to that deep post burning a hole in his cover 3? ****....

i can't say e p i c ? lol
Old 10-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
i liked it as well, i think it was a great concept and could be re-implemented with a little tuning to make it less cumbersome to use online. i mean...how cool was it check check off a user controller safety and snap it back to that deep post burning a hole in his cover 3? ****....

i can't say e p i c ? lol
I loved it because it was realistic. It made people actually have to go through progressions when passing which does two things for the defense. One , it gives them pass rushers more of a chance at getting into the backfield and getting some more sacks. ( Cause without sliders sacks are pretty nonexistent ) Two , it makes it so guys that just hike the ball and throw it before the zones set up actually have to take time to put the cone on the reciever they throw it too , which allows more time for that zone to set up. That cone made offense harder. Back then you actually had to have good quarterbacks to have those big 250 to 300 yard passing games. Yesterday , I got shredded by Chad Henne who isn't bad , but he ain't good enough to complete 80% of his passes. He is not Peyton Manning. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

The games better on slow, and was designed to be played on slow. With the default speed being increased to normal it screwed up the way the game plays. It's all because of kids, and people who complain just because of the term slow, if slow actually was labeled normal their mouths would be shut.

Bring back slow speed as the default, or atleast give us sliders for OLF, to compensate for issues in the game, loco, dropped int's, etc.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #13
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.P.
I usually don't post on here , but I was just curious and wanted to ask people this. Is it me , or is the defense on Madden 11 dumb as a brick when you play other people ? ( Online and off )

It's because they made the game so anyone can pick it up and win. Which is what I thought rookie and pro mode where for.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

I keep seeing complaints on defense so I'm sure there is issues with it I'm just glad I haven't seen them yet. I play mostly online and have only 3 people in my games put up more than 30 points while my last 6 games I haven't had anyone go over 25. I play a bend don't break defense that even when it breaks takes the opponent a long time to score so my scores never get out of hand.

I still see a lot of complaints so there must be a problem and I hope to continue not having someone put up 70 on me.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #15
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
It's because they made the game so anyone can pick it up and win. Which is what I thought rookie and pro mode where for.
I agree. It feels like more of an arcade football game. I just played a game offline against the CPU and Todd Collins killed me. All Knox and Hester did was run down the field , and Todd Collins , who has a 57 deep ball rating , hit them perfectly on every deep ball. He had 250 yards passing on me in one half. I gingerly got up , and took Madden out of my PS3 without even thinking about finishing that game. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #16
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
I keep seeing complaints on defense so I'm sure there is issues with it I'm just glad I haven't seen them yet. I play mostly online and have only 3 people in my games put up more than 30 points while my last 6 games I haven't had anyone go over 25. I play a bend don't break defense that even when it breaks takes the opponent a long time to score so my scores never get out of hand.

I still see a lot of complaints so there must be a problem and I hope to continue not having someone put up 70 on me.
I use that strategy too now that I know you can't really cover on there. I back up into coverage and let them have the underneath stuff and just focus on not giving up big plays. The thing is , you shouldn't have to do that to play defense. If i'm playing with a team with a decent or good defense , they shouldn't be torched. Luckily I play with the Jets online and they don't give up much no matter what. But anytime I play with somebody else , my granny could get on Madden and score 28 on me , and that is a huge problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »