Home

Number of Draft Picks

This is a discussion on Number of Draft Picks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Number of Draft Picks

How come in franchise they only let you have a maximum of 10 draft picks. I notice that in real life The Patriots have 12 draft pick...I don't know how many you can have in real life, but i was just wondering about that. anyone know why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Number of Draft Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotU
How come in franchise they only let you have a maximum of 10 draft picks. I notice that in real life The Patriots have 12 draft pick...I don't know how many you can have in real life, but i was just wondering about that. anyone know why?
In real life you can have as many picks as you want. In madden they limit the number of picks to keep the user from getting too powerful due to the broken trade and draft systems in this game
Old 10-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

I one time had the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 9th, and 14th overall picks lol
Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Yep, one of my pet peeves in Madden. I like to blow up my roster each time I start a franchise, but being limited to 10 draft picks limits my ability to play how I want. EA's other products don't have these limits (NHL for one). Hey, EA, if it's in the game . . .
Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Yep, one of my pet peeves in Madden. I like to blow up my roster each time I start a franchise, but being limited to 10 draft picks limits my ability to play how I want. EA's other products don't have these limits (NHL for one). Hey, EA, if it's in the game . . .
I agree with this, now I don't always blow up my roster but just for the fun I'm trying the Josh McDaniels approach and trading away a Pro Bowl QB and WR and even trading away defensive players to really blow up the team. The Team.... The Bengals. Right now I'm 8-2 with the Bengals in the second season(simmed the 1st season went 9-7 and made it to the AFC Championship game) and I plan on trading away Carson and Chad Ochocinco. The Best part is I already have my Franchise QB through a trade with the Panthers giving me Tony Pike(I figure I'll make the Cincy Madden Fans happy getting the local QB) and drafted a WR to replace Chad.

I can understand EA limiting picks because users would just take advantage of it, but if they would actually stop being lazy and fix the Trade System and the way teams Draft, than there would be no problems. Fix it EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »