Home

C. Johnson 81

This is a discussion on C. Johnson 81 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: C. Johnson 81

I'll give the translation a go...I believe what the esteemed Mr. Enzo was trying to relate was:

"Good evening, fine sirs. It is well known that Calvin Johnson, phenomenal NFL wideout of the Detroit Lions, does not include the suffix of Jr. on his uniforms. Indeed, he is a Jr. However, at no point in his playing career has he ever had "Jr" affixed to his jerseys. I have followed his career from the time he was playing at Sandy Creek High School, to his college days at Georgia Tech. I have never seen an instance of "Jr" on his uniform. As such, I feel it is a pity that, in the name of clarity, as when there are two men with the surname of Johnson on the field, we are forced to behold such an inaccuracy. I feel that it, in the name of accuracy, we should just have to note the numbers on the jerseys to separate the players. Many owners of the game should surely have televisions capable of projecting the game in a large fashion, correct? It is similar to having Randy and Santana Moss on the same team, and forcing one or the other to have "Jr." to separate them, which of course is folly!"

There. I suddenly feel the urge to wear a monacle and top hat.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 10-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

lol, so yeah, this dude wrote what might be the worst post i've ever read....

that said....

this does drive me NUTS. every time i download a new roster, i have to go in and remove the jr. from calvin johnson's name.

I don't get why madden does this. its so freaking stupid. you don't see a 'III' on the end of clay matthews' name in the game. why? because he doesnt go by that name, and he doesnt have it on his jersey! then why do they stick "jr." on the end of calvin johnson's name?

Drives me nucking futs.

#GoPackGo
Old 10-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #11
MVP

FaM0us Skins's Arena

OVR: 10

this thread is awful. If they didn't have Jr. at the end of his name we would of thought that was Bryant Johnson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 01:27 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

This is why ea won't take us serious folks people like this
Old 10-17-2010, 03:56 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaM0us Skins
this thread is awful. If they didn't have Jr. at the end of his name we would of thought that was Bryant Johnson
yeah because bryant johnson is 6'5" and runs a 4.4 40....right.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #14
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Can't believe people actually think this is a problem. So franchise mode being crap and all that stuff don't even compare to the problem of a guys name? Are you kidding me? That's why there is a number on the back of the jersey guys!

Delete or lock this embarrassment of a thread please.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I'll give the translation a go...I believe what the esteemed Mr. Enzo was trying to relate was:

"Good evening, fine sirs. It is well known that Calvin Johnson, phenomenal NFL wideout of the Detroit Lions, does not include the suffix of Jr. on his uniforms. Indeed, he is a Jr. However, at no point in his playing career has he ever had "Jr" affixed to his jerseys. I have followed his career from the time he was playing at Sandy Creek High School, to his college days at Georgia Tech. I have never seen an instance of "Jr" on his uniform. As such, I feel it is a pity that, in the name of clarity, as when there are two men with the surname of Johnson on the field, we are forced to behold such an inaccuracy. I feel that it, in the name of accuracy, we should just have to note the numbers on the jerseys to separate the players. Many owners of the game should surely have televisions capable of projecting the game in a large fashion, correct? It is similar to having Randy and Santana Moss on the same team, and forcing one or the other to have "Jr." to separate them, which of course is folly!"

There. I suddenly feel the urge to wear a monacle and top hat.
Thank you for that fine translation!! Sounds better when you put it in those terms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Rookie

MichaelCook17's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
yeah because bryant johnson is 6'5" and runs a 4.4 40....right.
Because all of us follow the Lions to know the distinguishing marks between the two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »