Home

C. Johnson 81

This is a discussion on C. Johnson 81 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: C. Johnson 81

"Can't believe people actually think this is a problem. So franchise mode being crap and all that stuff don't even compare to the problem of a guys name? Are you kidding me? That's why there is a number on the back of the jersey guys!

Delete or lock this embarrassment of a thread please."

--> So what, we can only talk about one thing at a time? ... and heaven forbid that issue isn't the most important issue according to you. Dude, let people talk about what they want to. If it doesn't interest you, don't read it and don't post.

"this thread is awful. If they didn't have Jr. at the end of his name we would of thought that was Bryant Johnson"

--> To me, this doesn't even matter. It's not a case of being able to tell the difference between two players, it's a matter of accuracy. He doesn't go by Johnson Jr., and NO ONE in the league or in the media refer to him as Johnson Jr. So why then is that his name in the game? "If it's in the game, it's in the game." In this case Jr. is not, so get it off the roster update. If you can't tell the difference between Bryant Johnson and Calvin Johnson, that's a you problem.

#GoPackGo

Last edited by thekodinator; 10-17-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #18
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: C. Johnson 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I'll give the translation a go...I believe what the esteemed Mr. Enzo was trying to relate was:

"Good evening, fine sirs. It is well known that Calvin Johnson, phenomenal NFL wideout of the Detroit Lions, does not include the suffix of Jr. on his uniforms. Indeed, he is a Jr. However, at no point in his playing career has he ever had "Jr" affixed to his jerseys. I have followed his career from the time he was playing at Sandy Creek High School, to his college days at Georgia Tech. I have never seen an instance of "Jr" on his uniform. As such, I feel it is a pity that, in the name of clarity, as when there are two men with the surname of Johnson on the field, we are forced to behold such an inaccuracy. I feel that it, in the name of accuracy, we should just have to note the numbers on the jerseys to separate the players. Many owners of the game should surely have televisions capable of projecting the game in a large fashion, correct? It is similar to having Randy and Santana Moss on the same team, and forcing one or the other to have "Jr." to separate them, which of course is folly!"

There. I suddenly feel the urge to wear a monacle and top hat.
Amazing...that actually makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »