Home

Whats a fair trade for Brian Orakpo? pass rushing OLB redskins?

This is a discussion on Whats a fair trade for Brian Orakpo? pass rushing OLB redskins? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Whats a fair trade for Brian Orakpo? pass rushing OLB redskins?

I am in my 3rd year, Brian Orakpo 26 years old, 4 year of a contract with 2 remaining. 1st overall selection in the 09 draft, is now a 93overall, has registered 36 sacks in 3 seasons and I am looking to trade for him. I need a pass rushing OLB for my 3-4 team.

I am the browns, had a 8-8 season last year and maybe will be 9-7 or 10-6 with luck. I am just looking for equal trade value considering I am controlling all 32 teams, I do not want to cheat the Skins or myself.

Draft picks value?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Whats a fair trade for Brian Orakpo? pass rushing OLB redskins?

The Redskins would never trade Orakpo unless they got Andre Johnson, Peyton Manning, and Chris Johnson in exchange with a couple of 1st round picks too. Seeing as how thats an impossible trade, you're not going to get Orakpo "fairly".

― Plato
Old 10-17-2010, 02:28 AM   #3
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

If you want realism he wouldn't be traded unless he starts getting a history of injuries or has a few down years.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

All of your draft picks.

For the next 3 years.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

You should just pick up Merriman and see if you can build him up from his post roid use.

edit

Don't mean to thread hijack, but didn't want to create a new thread for this. But speaking of Skins players, what would the trade value be for Haynesworth? I'm in year 3 of my franchise with the Bears.

He hasn't done much with the Skins, having only 5 sacks the past 2 seasons. But he did record 60 tackles last year.

Tommie Harris has been doing ok, but I'm trying to build a huge front four, and Harris is too small.

Last edited by shugknight; 10-17-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Haynesworth has done a lot with the Skins. When he was on the field last year, teams averaged less than 4 yards per carry. When he was out of the play, teams average ovre 4 yards per carry.

I would say Haynesworth might not be possible to acquire now. Him and Shanny are back in good health it seems and he is buying the new scheme.

― Plato
Old 10-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, realistically he would never be traded.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Geez...Someone asked what's his value IF he were to be traded and not the likelihood of him being traded.

Alot can happen in 3 years. 3 years ago, S. Merriman was on top of the world and untouchable for the Chargers. Now, he is nothing but the poster child for falling from NFL grace. The same can be said about Randy Moss and how he is all-world which would imply a large draft some if he were to be traded. In reality, he has been traded for mid-round picks by 2 teams on 2 separate occassions.

To answer your question, I would give up a first round pick if you are an weak to average team. If you are elite at this point and will mostlikely end up with the 20-32 range in draft position, I would surrender 2 first round picks. If your Browns end up in the top 5 and you gave that up, I would say that is too much. The only team that gave up a top 5 pick for a veteran that comes to mind, is the Chicago Bears when they acquired Rick Mirer. Ha ha!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »