Home

madden should take notes from nba 2k11

This is a discussion on madden should take notes from nba 2k11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: madden should take notes from nba 2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotjackdup
Tough to compare basketball to football. Basketball only has ten players on a smaller court which allows for more detail on atmosphere and crowd. Football has twenty two players, each with a very specialized assignment. Basketball presents its own challenges, that 2k handles gracefully, however football would seem to be a programmer's nightmare.
Yes, because 2k struggled mightily with this when they were still in the NFL game, on lesser powered consoles.

Can we finally admit EA's out of excuses?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
lets see......madden has been out since august and nba 2k11 has been out since october. Not only do i love nba 2k11 right out of the box( no tweaks on sliders) but i have prob played more full games from nba than madden. The reason being is that madden doesnt feel right. I am constantly changing sliders in madden to make it play true to life. It is still herky jerky at times and the the game still has too many madden moments. I feel Nba plays true to the real game, where madden falls a little flat in some areas. I still enjoy madden , but now that i see the upside from nba 2k series in one year, there is no excuses anymore. not trying to bash EA, but your kind of being outshined.

my advice for the EA team would be to take a look at nba and try to put that much effort into the installment of madden 12.

Don't hold your breathe. Ian Cummings himself wrote a post in the "MLB THe Show" forums praising that game and its developers, saying how they "raised the bar" of sports gaming, yet that did nothing to help him (Ian) or the Madden team.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

Why compare an NBA game to an NFL game when there are other older NFL games that are still better then Madden 11?

NBA 2k11 is awesome and I think it is good for 2k to get such good reviews for the game because maybe the NFL will see what this company can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #12
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotjackdup
Tough to compare basketball to football. Basketball only has ten players on a smaller court which allows for more detail on atmosphere and crowd. Football has twenty two players, each with a very specialized assignment. Basketball presents its own challenges, that 2k handles gracefully, however football would seem to be a programmer's nightmare.

Thats true but its no excuse for presentation which can bring the game alive more. Just look at NFL 2K5.

The gameplay wasn't over the top on that game either. Same sport.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:16 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Yes, because 2k struggled mightily with this when they were still in the NFL game, on lesser powered consoles.

i agree 2k made a great game and had by far the best animations and presentation but i think where they countered was to let the field not look as good aslo the players wasnt a big fan of the flat chest/stomach players running straight up all the time but would love to see them back in the NFL game
Old 10-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #14
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude

I think that not only is EA out of excuses, but people should stop making them. lol

They need to open up the license for 2K and others to show just how difficult it is to have 22 players simulating their sport...Not difficult at all.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuPeRBoWlHeRo
Don't hold your breathe. Ian Cummings himself wrote a post in the "MLB THe Show" forums praising that game and its developers, saying how they "raised the bar" of sports gaming, yet that did nothing to help him (Ian) or the Madden team.
Ive had bad opinions of the developers for awhile, however Im begininning to change my outlook, I think the developers are severely handcuffed by the bottom line, I think thier creativity cannot shine through because of various reasons that have to do with the NFL and the bottom line, corporate snobs who dont give a **** about games, just how much money it makes them, its kind of obvious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Ive had bad opinions of the developers for awhile, however Im begininning to change my outlook, I think the developers are severely handcuffed by the bottom line, I think thier creativity cannot shine through because of various reasons that have to do with the NFL and the bottom line, corporate snobs who dont give a **** about games, just how much money it makes them, its kind of obvious.
I don't think the development team is handcuffed when it comes to lack of consecutive hit tackles or getting franchise mode to make some sort of overhaul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »