Home

madden should take notes from nba 2k11

This is a discussion on madden should take notes from nba 2k11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: madden should take notes from nba 2k11

basically guys................. Nba 2k11 feels really good. I meen the guys really play like thier real counterparts. Madden plays okay, but nba has that "something" about it. The player movements are really good . This also hold 's true to how the defense interacts with the offense. You don't see unrealistic movements or moves that make the cpu ******** at time. What would be nice is, if some of the animations were implimented into madden. I like that when i play the celtics, they play like the celtics. I feel madden comes up short in this area. I think....i know, for 12 , madden needs to udate the player physics , animations and player models..........errrrrrrrr , yeah, they really need a brand new engine
Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #50
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotjackdup
Tough to compare basketball to football. Basketball only has ten players on a smaller court which allows for more detail on atmosphere and crowd. Football has twenty two players, each with a very specialized assignment. Basketball presents its own challenges, that 2k handles gracefully, however football would seem to be a programmer's nightmare.
Agreed with you on that. Madden is a lot more complex then NBA 2k11 is when it comes to programming and details. It takes alot of time for them to get things right in madden. I know it hurt sometimes when things in madden ain't right and all. But it is still a good game. The thing is EA needs to move to a new game engine and it would help out a lot in the near future for the game. Hoepfully things will change for it in the next few years.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
NCAA is better than Madden but Football is football and basketball is basketball.

Simulating shooting styles and dunk/layup styles and free throw styles, running, dribbling play style, player modules..etc versus Kicking,Punting,Throwing, Tackling, Running, Coverage, Blocking Styles, Block Shedding styles, juke styles, hurdling, route running, carry styles, play style, player modules...etc

5 on 5 doing different things 15/16 or whatever man roster
vs
11 on 11 doing different things 53 man roster

Yes EA has problems but to compare two different sports and expect the level of detail to be comparable isnt fair.

Compare BB n Madden.
I think NBA 2k11 has more animations than Madden and they all pretty much look realistic. Sure, maybe a dunk animation is easier to create then a blocking animation. But other 2k games that were not basketball, hockey, or baseball games had animations that I still to this day find more realistic than Maddens. APF 2k8 has more animations than Madden. I still play that game and see new animations almost every day along with new commentary lines being said every now and then.

But in Madden/ NCAA, I just about know what animation is going to be triggered and what will be said. I am not saying these games are terrible, but they aren't where they should be. Basketball may be an easier game to make, but Ian and crew are paid to make football games because those are their specialties, so I expect them to be able to put out a game that is considered great like 2k and even EA can do with basketball and soccer games, even baseball games from SCEA.

I think Madden 11 and NCAA 11 are improvements and are the best games this generation, but I don't think they are where they should be. The games we have this year are what I would expect from an 09 games. NCAA 11 is what NCAA 09 should have been, and the same thing for Madden 11. Maybe even earlier games. Madden and NCAA do not make the same leap year to year like Fifa, The Show NBA 2k, etc. make, but instead they make little steps every year.

I would be willing to bet we have lost more features since next gen than gained. And I would be willing to be we probably those sports games I mentioned earlier have put more features in in one cycle than Madden or NCAA have in all their next gen cycles.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »