Home

Does the catch rating even matter?

This is a discussion on Does the catch rating even matter? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Does the catch rating even matter?

Ok so in my franchise i drafted Nnamdi Asomugha and later in rounds had the idea to draft the fastest O-line man to convert into a fullback being able to block perfect when i have him in. Ok so im playing with him and he has a catch rating of 15. He has 6 catches for 45 yds and a SPECTACULAR CATCH touchdown. His SPC is a 12. He did the one leaning out of bounds in endzone. Now defensively i play as Nnamdi. He is a beast in the game. Now his catch i think is 65. He had 9 dropped intos AKA pass deflections. WTF. I was usering him and he was dropping them everytime, even easy ones. Im play on All Madden. Does the Catch rating even matter? I mean in all my franchises it seems the best WRs have the most drops. Reggie Wayne, chad Johnson, Michael Crabtree etc. Always seem to lead league in drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Does the catch rating even matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBallocaust
Im play on All Madden. Does the Catch rating even matter?
Does any ratings matter on this level............

I mean if your going to play on this level then you need to accept the type of gameplay that comes with it

The game is designed to make the CPU win on this level at all cost....you just have to deal with it

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the computer hates ints i have at least 6 droped easy easy easy ints in a game on all pro dificulty i mean ones that i could have probubly made!!!!
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat
Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
The game is made to play on all pro. When playing all madden you are going to get all players playing not to their ratings

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

But on all pro, his FB would had caught passes easier. I hadn't 'tested' ratings or all that...but i was fiddling w/ NCAA earlier throwing hail mary's from the goal line....Mallet (97 THP) was able to throw 70-74yds, another QB (87 THP) was able to thro 65-68yds...I mind you i don't know how sensitive the differential should be (or if the differential is greater for other ratings, or the NFL arm vs non nfl arm), but the throw power on deep balls really wouldnt matter that much imo...i dont know about how THP affects shorter bullet passes.

So I think the threshold for ratings need to be lessened, making better player THAT much better than the poor players. I think we need a few more Threshold sliders to separate/bring closer ratings.

Just remember, I am just talking about what i am talking about lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

What's your WR Catch and INT sliders at?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
What's your WR Catch and INT sliders at?
Normal sliders, i just lower cpu break tackle to a 30 because its ridiculous
Old 10-20-2010, 02:13 AM   #8
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Personally, I don't think it isn't so much that the ratings don't matter, as it is the game making it so that if someone is playing a position, there is a minimum level of adequacy there.

On the Nnamdi front, yeah it is annoying to see him drop passes, but along the same lines, I think that a catch rating for a defensive player is not the same as a catch rating for a offensive player.

An example: I have a few different rosters saved. In one of them I went through and adjusted all catch ratings for a few defensive players that I like. Nnamdi is one of them. He still seems to only average out at 8 Ints a year. Patrick Willis, who I just max out on everything because I am a shameless cheat in my franchises, can't get an interception to save his live when I am playing as my Niners.

In my estimation, I would say that a 99 catch rating on the defense equals a 25 catch rating on offense. Try it out by changing him to offense, or vice versa, changing a WR with 99 catching to DB and see how many Ints he gets.

On the offensive side, something I have noticed is that if I am too quick with the sprint button my receivers will drop the ball. Like in real life, you need to keep your eyes on the ball and let the catch happen before you start running. Now if you have the auto sprint on, this may be happening automatically, I'm not sure, but it certainly happens to me.

Also, take note of how close defenders are to your receivers as the catching in traffic rating does matter. Crabtree to my recollection, doesn't have a good one. And on All Madden, one guy within like three yards is 'traffic'.

Despite what Playmaker repeatedly states, yes the ratings matter on All Madden matter, they are just far more strict in their application.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »