Home

Is Quarterback Accuracy more important than Throw Power?

This is a discussion on Is Quarterback Accuracy more important than Throw Power? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is Quarterback Accuracy more important than Throw Power?

Yeah, at the beginning of my franchise I stupidly jumped on the Tebow bandwagon and traded Orton away for a high pick and Seneca Wallace. I went 10-6 mainly because of stupid throws. The next year Tebow progressed and was more accurate but was still awful so I picked up Gradkowski and it felt like I was in control again.

It's just amazing how much of a difference it really is (for myself anyway) just how big of a difference it's been since they've thrown in the SAC, MAC, DAC.

I just wish the throws weren't TERRIBLE when they throw it. An NFL QB should get somewhat close to his reciever when he throws it. I understand a wild throw will happen from time to time. But not as often as it's implemented in madden.

So yeah, to conclude. I miss Orton. Damn you Tebow.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

i think QBA is more on touch passes and makes precision or lead passing more difficult. So i guess ppl see Robo QB b/c receivers are super open (passes that HS qb's can make) and the QBA rating really isnt affected....but if you tighten coverage, you'll see the cpu more inaccurate because they have to lead/precision pass. Where, as it seems you only see throw power on deep balls.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
I like to think it comes down to how you play. Like Gordy mentioned, he plays West Coast, so it's short-medium throws were accuracy is key.

I like that 'Go Up, Go Get, Jump Ball' type playing style, so I usually throw deep balls more often than a lot of people. Stafford fits that perfectly with something like 96 THP, and after a few seasons his ACC becomes better.

I usually sign up big players, so any 6"2 or more is always a good fit.
I'm starting to do this now too. But then I find myself in a big situation for the WR too, should I get a guy who is an amazing catcher, or should I just get speed?

Using Playmakers sliders, my WR's always drop the rock. So now I'm really looking to sacrafice speed. I'll keep one guy with speed for the sake of a "now or never" play, but more times than not, I just can't seem to find a fast guy who can hold onto the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
Yeah, at the beginning of my franchise I stupidly jumped on the Tebow bandwagon and traded Orton away for a high pick and Seneca Wallace. I went 10-6 mainly because of stupid throws. The next year Tebow progressed and was more accurate but was still awful so I picked up Gradkowski and it felt like I was in control again.

It's just amazing how much of a difference it really is (for myself anyway) just how big of a difference it's been since they've thrown in the SAC, MAC, DAC.

I just wish the throws weren't TERRIBLE when they throw it. An NFL QB should get somewhat close to his reciever when he throws it. I understand a wild throw will happen from time to time. But not as often as it's implemented in madden.

So yeah, to conclude. I miss Orton. Damn you Tebow.
I figured Tebow would be a stud in franchise since he has running ability, and strong arm, and a high potential.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't think accuracy is well implemented at all in Madden 11, at least compared to throw power.

If I had to guess based on my experience, THA appears to be a modifier that only determines the percentage for your QB making an obviously off target throw and little else. Either the throw is going to be "good" in Madden terms, or it's going to be horrifically off the mark... I don't see much gray area based on THA ratings beyond that.

But I have noticed THP being important. In my current offline franchise I have two QBs, one is a madden generated rookie with THP in the mid 90s... 95 I think. The other QB is Matt Hasselbeck with a THP of 85. If I see cover 2, I can split the CB and S consistently on streaks with my rookie... While Hasselbeck rarely seems to get enough zip and the safety breaks things up and/or intercepts.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUnit
I figured Tebow would be a stud in franchise since he has running ability, and strong arm, and a high potential.
Don't get me wrong Tebow is a stud. It just takes a lot of time for him to hit that level. His potential is decent, B. He may be able to run with the ball but I found myself fumbleing so many times with him when ever I tried. This could be attributed to the sliders I'm using though (Playmakers).
Old 10-21-2010, 02:18 AM   #15
Rookie

I would have to say accuracy is much more important, only if you play someone who gives up the deep ball a lot which isn't likely for a good player then power would come in handy. Under 80 accuracy isn't going to do it for a competitive player
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »