Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #4 Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #4 Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #4 Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Based on subpar effort for 5 years and declining sales. He surely isnt the only one that feels this way and u best believe its alot more.
again the subpar effort is your opinion

There are lots of us who enjoy Madden 11 and would disagree with you....

I'm not talking about EA's efforts on Madden 07 or 09....I'm talking about Madden 11 because that's the only thing that matters to me right now. It's a good game and unfortunatley i'm going to have to disagree with you when it comes to Madden 11

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-19-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 11
Does Anyone know about Field Degrate and the jersey's getting dirty. haven't seen it since madden 09.
?
Old 10-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
again the subpar effort is your opinion

There are lots of us who enjoy Madden 11 and would disagree with you....

I'm not talking about Madden 07 or 09 I'm talking about Madden 11 because that's the only that matters right now to me.
Playmaker not knocking u for your liking madden, but do u play the SHOW, FIFA or 2k basketball. These games have set the standard and madden has not reached there level yet. Madden may be fun for u, because u have your slider thing going, but for many its not. The issues that we the community have been telling these guys have been ignored and since its the only NFL game in town..we have no options, unless dont buy at all. I'm not bashing, u do your thing, but madden is poking us the gamers in the face and its time to poke them back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #76
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the majority of the issues are people are upset by the patch not fixing anything that has to do with the actual main game. Which I understand completely. What I don't get is why Madden has moved further and further away from Madden. They've added ultimate team, boosters, Facebook Madden, etc but have left the majority of the game untouched. They say these small additions don't take away from development time but they are. I know its about money and making lots of it, but as I learned from an office episode once "it takes alot less to keep customers than to add new ones"
Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

adfletch71...

I have never played sony's mlb game but i can say this...

nba 2k has not put out "perfect" games. 2k8 is fun, but the pick and roll is an easy basket and I've yet to find a slider set to stop that, or even contain it. nba 2k9 was awful, and nba 2k10, though improved, had a lot of holes that never really did get patched.

i enjoy nba 2k11, but it has a few flaws as well (intercepted passes at a high rate and i've yet to see anything but shooting fouls and a couple over the backs). so let's not pretend that 2k is perfect...

i know that playmaker has worked VERY hard on his slider set, of which i use (with a few slight variations to fit my skill level). i played 3 games last night using 3 different matchups and had some VERY fun games (one of which i held the opposition to 5 fg's total) and all of them were varied. madden is not a perfect game, but NO game is perfect.

what's funny is that we go through this EVERY stinkin' year - guys will go out and buy it before waiting because madden pulls all of us into the midnight release - impulse purchase. then we b!tch and moan, but we can only blame ourselves. if people wait around 72 hours after release date to read the impressions thread here they would make a MUCH better decision on whether to buy the game or not.

playmaker is right, though. there are some things that can be fixed with sliders...and I can honestly say that i have NEVER played a sports game yet that didn't require slider adjustments (even the almighty nba 2k11). madden is not a great game, but it's not a bad one either.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Playmaker not knocking u for your liking madden, but do u play the SHOW, FIFA or 2k basketball. These games have set the standard and madden has not reached there level yet. Madden may be fun for u, because u have your slider thing going, but for many its not. The issues that we the community have been telling these guys have been ignored and since its the only NFL game in town..we have no options, unless dont buy at all. I'm not bashing, u do your thing, but madden is poking us the gamers in the face and its time to poke them back.
i have played the SHOW and NBA 2K11 both amazing games IMO

I'm not a soccer fan but i have heard great things about Fifa....I understand the complaints with EA they are lazy at times.

But this year I think Madden 11 is a good game. It's not on the level of NBA 2K11 or the Show but I think it's a good game and sometimes people tend to bring up EA's past when speaking of Madden 11

Hey i'll be the 1st to admit I stopped playing Madden 07-09 because those games had a lot of issues. Madden 10 was aight notthing special to me

But Madden 11 is a good game....yes it has issues but i think some people are asking for patches in regards to issues that can be fixed in the gameplay department by the USER himself.

I also think all these complaints lead to EA screwing up gameplay more so than helping it. My responce again was directed towards the guy who got mad because of pass defense on All-Madden level.

That is not a valid complaint IMO.....that is a personal problem with the game between him and the level he's playing on. No patch is needed for that type of stuff

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
adfletch71...

I have never played sony's mlb game but i can say this...

nba 2k has not put out "perfect" games. 2k8 is fun, but the pick and roll is an easy basket and I've yet to find a slider set to stop that, or even contain it. nba 2k9 was awful, and nba 2k10, though improved, had a lot of holes that never really did get patched.

i enjoy nba 2k11, but it has a few flaws as well (intercepted passes at a high rate and i've yet to see anything but shooting fouls and a couple over the backs). so let's not pretend that 2k is perfect...

i know that playmaker has worked VERY hard on his slider set, of which i use (with a few slight variations to fit my skill level). i played 3 games last night using 3 different matchups and had some VERY fun games (one of which i held the opposition to 5 fg's total) and all of them were varied. madden is not a perfect game, but NO game is perfect.

what's funny is that we go through this EVERY stinkin' year - guys will go out and buy it before waiting because madden pulls all of us into the midnight release - impulse purchase. then we b!tch and moan, but we can only blame ourselves. if people wait around 72 hours after release date to read the impressions thread here they would make a MUCH better decision on whether to buy the game or not.

playmaker is right, though. there are some things that can be fixed with sliders...and I can honestly say that i have NEVER played a sports game yet that didn't require slider adjustments (even the almighty nba 2k11). madden is not a great game, but it's not a bad one either.
U are right my friend, no game is perfect and MLB the SHOW and NBA2K11 needs tweaks. But, when it comes too the overall feel and gameplay, these blow madden away. Now how many years have we as a community complain about franchise and better presentation? The Show and 2K works on all aspects of the game in development. Look at madden, now they talking about 2012 its franchise, but what about the other things we have complained about for years or whats going to be taking out next year..its never solid with these dudes. Thats whats frustrating about this whole EA exclusive license thing, because if we had a choice we could choose another in its place, if we felt it wasnt for us.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
U are right my friend, no game is perfect and MLB the SHOW and NBA2K11 needs tweaks. But, when it comes too the overall feel and gameplay, these blow madden away. Now how many years have we as a community complain about franchise and better presentation? The Show and 2K works on all aspects of the game in development. Look at madden, now they talking about 2012 its franchise, but what about the other things we have complained about for years or whats going to be taking out next year..its never solid with these dudes. Thats whats frustrating about this whole EA exclusive license thing, because if we had a choice we could choose another in its place, if we felt it wasnt for us.
i totally agree with you. it shouldn't take 2 months of tweaking sliders for us to get a game that's remotely enjoyable. i still find it frustrating, but at least it's tolerable. madden had better realize that we want a SIMULATION football game, not some arcade version. but i don't like the direction this game is going if they believe we want a passing fest...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »