Home

New to the game: Questions about Passng in Madden

This is a discussion on New to the game: Questions about Passng in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
New to the game: Questions about Passng in Madden

Using default difficult and sliders but willing to change them

1) Is there any way to truely beat a CB on a streak route? Like a guy WR who is much faster getting 5-10 yard seperation, the QB putting the ball just out ahead of the receiver, and going in untouched? Because everytime I try it, the CB is not only attached to the WR's hip, but the saftey swarms immediatly.

2) Is there a proper way to throw the fade route? I feel like Im doing something wrong because when I put one up to Moss,it goes up in the air like a hail mary pass, and by the time it comes down there are 3-4 defenders surrounding my player. If I hold down to pass, he throws a bullet that causes Moss to stop his route and go backward to the ball, which usually doesn't even result in a completion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: New to the game: Questions about Passng in Madden

Madden's passing game is not very realistic due to the terrible coverage in the game. I don't believe there is a real way to throw either of those routes in a realistic manner, but I may be wrong.

― Plato
Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't believe there is a real way to throw either of those routes in a realistic manner, but I may be wrong.
That's not really true.

Go route like any route if you want to get seperation has to be in the right circumstance, with the right matchup vs. the right coverage.

Also like real life, when throwing the fade, need to get the ball out on time and get air under it. I have a ton of success with the fade.

See below.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Well those videos show that at least my second question is possible. Are there any slider settings, game speed, or thershold settings to make it more likely to pull off these plays? I cannot edit ratings because I am already deep in a franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »