Home

Are You Losing Interest In Madden More And More Each Year?

This is a discussion on Are You Losing Interest In Madden More And More Each Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are You Starting To Lose Passion For Madden?
Yes 240 64.52%
No 30 8.06%
I've Lost Interest For This Game Along Time Ago 90 24.19%
Are You Crazy Madden Is Headed In The Right Direction!!! 12 3.23%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #73
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Are You Losing Interest In Madden More And More Each Year?

No. I actually liked 11, not as much as NCAA 11, but I still liked it.

I'll be at GameStop at midnight next August like I was this past August. And with just as much excitement.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #74
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Actually, This years next generation Madden is quite good
Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #75
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by evad
Any more it just seems the Madden series is in over their head. Aside from the minor improvements seen in gameplay and visuals, the product (as a whole) is all over the place in what they want to do. Is it a NFL Sim? NFL Arcade? NFL Card Game? NFL Commercial? My point is there is no foundation in the development. What is EA trying to produce here? They are spread so thin that whatever they create as the new feature, breaks some good old features. Or hell, it is just removed.

EA is forced to do this every single year because they need to pay for this exclusive agreement. Maybe if they didn’t have that over their heads they could focus on one thing and hit it hard in development. If they want to make a madden focused on the online community with online franchises, multiplayer head to head, than make it the best damn one possible. Let some other company deal with that pesky small fanbase that wants things like TV presentation, Deep offline franchise mode with working IR, Owner Mode….. well you get the idea…

The NFL has become so popular through the years that it is just ridiculous to think that one game company can create a product that has the ability to hit every wanted aspect of the sport. The last couple of Madden’s have proved this point.
I completely agree. EA has attempted to turn Madden into the swiss army knife of video game football to maximize its appeal to as many games as possible. And by doing so, it lost its footing and its appeal towards gamers, who just want a proper representation of the NFL. I, personally, couldn't care less for a card game, alternative uniforms, customizable sock lengths or the ability to replay moments. I want just a fun and playable game, that represents the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #76
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by evad
Any more it just seems the Madden series is in over their head. Aside from the minor improvements seen in gameplay and visuals, the product (as a whole) is all over the place in what they want to do. Is it a NFL Sim? NFL Arcade? NFL Card Game? NFL Commercial? My point is there is no foundation in the development. What is EA trying to produce here? They are spread so thin that whatever they create as the new feature, breaks some good old features. Or hell, it is just removed.

EA is forced to do this every single year because they need to pay for this exclusive agreement. Maybe if they didn’t have that over their heads they could focus on one thing and hit it hard in development. If they want to make a madden focused on the online community with online franchises, multiplayer head to head, than make it the best damn one possible. Let some other company deal with that pesky small fanbase that wants things like TV presentation, Deep offline franchise mode with working IR, Owner Mode….. well you get the idea…

The NFL has become so popular through the years that it is just ridiculous to think that one game company can create a product that has the ability to hit every wanted aspect of the sport. The last couple of Madden’s have proved this point.

That pesky small fanbase are the ones who have been with this series since day one. That pesky small fanbase is probably the highest income fan base the series has and the ones who pass the game to their kids and influence future buyers.

They are going to lose there core fanbase and while that is fine (I can live without MAdden football) it is a shame if they let us down. Because we were the pioneer players of this game. And for a long time they always came through for us making the franchise mode better and better. Then something happened.

They got the exclusive and they don't know what they want to be as you pointed out. And you hit another great point. They are a massive NFL commercial and it is really cliche and obvious.

They sold out the hardcore gamers in that regard. But like I have said 2011 is a really good game...and if it is the last Madden I get...I am fine with it.

Fingers crossed for a swan song for us pesky offline franchise guys in 2012
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #77
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I asked this very question before Madden came out because I was feeling the same op. http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...st-madden.html
The game is very unpolished. Things are constantly being poorly implemented and then left while a new feature is half added. I honestly have lost so much interest in this game if they ever do get it right I don't know if I would care anymore.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There are a lot of things I don't like or enjoy in Madden, but I would be more apt to say the results never met the expectations. There have been times when it's well known that some people put in 60-80hr work weeks at Madden and other EA titles.

It's not for the lack of effort.
The devs don't get paid for effort; when it comes down to it the football games that Tiburon has produced, in this generation, aren't close to the quality of other sports titles.

It's because of the lack of competition, and everyone knows it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I never had a problem like so many here with Maddens core gameplay. I love the game. It's fun and easy to pick up and play.
It's like you said, you're an aberration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
But MLB '06 is very similar to MLB 10...we know Madden hadn't improved, but at least it's close to something we did like. The Show was just a bit more consisentant as it ported over the PS2 stuff.
I've never played the show, but until NBA 2k11 came along people were claiming it was the best sports game of all time. When has anyone ever said that about Madden ? Madden 11 is some close to what you liked; judging by the poll, the angst towards it in various forum, and the myriad of youtube videos complaining about the issues, some of which appear year after year, I'd say you're in the minority.

Like I said, I never played MLB 10, or any other version, but are there less options and features in MLB 10 than there are in MLB 06 ?

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 10-20-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 49

I'm 33 years old. It takes a good game to keep my interest & enjoy it. Madden doesn't do it for me. I started loosing interest in Madden back in 2003/2004. Then I played 2K5 XBOX, WOW! What a game. While its outdated with no HD resolution, and graphic detail, it's by far the best quality NFL game to date.

I bought NBA 2K11 this year and I'm blown away! Best sports game all time. The Show, is a great baseball game also. So its not just the age factor. Well, maybe it is. I can see the flaws easier I guess.

As far as football, I can't take Madden serious. Ive never seen such unsmooth animations, and so much suction animations, etc. The game feels like it was built by amatuers, who have no direction.

I really don't know what else to say. That's what I see personally.

I'm glad there are some who still enjoy Madden. Wish I could also.

Last edited by wheelman990; 10-20-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #80
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I've never lost interest in it. I just get disappointed sometime when they change things in the game that ain't broken. But overall I'm pretty happy with madden every year just about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »