Home

What area do you hope to see the MOST improvement in Madden 12?

This is a discussion on What area do you hope to see the MOST improvement in Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What's the area you hope for the biggest upgrade in Madden 12?
Presentation (including commentary) 18 9.28%
Gameplay 65 33.51%
Modes (Franchise, etc.) 104 53.61%
Graphics 3 1.55%
Online (features, stability, whatever) 4 2.06%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What area do you hope to see the MOST improvement in Madden 12?

I am primarily an offline franchise guy myself, but I voted gameplay, with franchise features being a close second.

I generally don't dislike the gameplay, but it could and should be much better after this many years on the current gen... It just seems like I'm playing on the PS2 with better animations and higher resolution... But the design decisions that EA has made are what they are... We aren't getting a physics based engine anytime soon, I don't expect anything revolutionary until the 360/PS3 are put out to pasture, but I do think lots of tuning and tweaking can be done within the current framework.

Either way, Madden 12 is a rental for me... and maybe, just maybe, a purchase if the gameplay tuning takes a solid step forward AND the franchise features are truly and completely overhauled.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I went with presentation. That one is objective. Its just a fact that they're behind in this area.

Gameplay is more subjective. Some say its bad, others dont have a problem with it. Pretty hard concerning this area.

Another thing that is objective is the equipment and body types. It is a fact that we dont have all facemasks and some of the masks we do have are proportioned incorrectly. Same with body types. I dont understand why we cant edit body types similar to NCAA. I need to be able to increase the quad size of some RBs.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #19
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I went with presentation. That one is objective. Its just a fact that they're behind in this area.

Gameplay is more subjective. Some say its bad, others dont have a problem with it. Pretty hard concerning this area.

Another thing that is objective is the equipment and body types. It is a fact that we dont have all facemasks and some of the masks we do have are proportioned incorrectly. Same with body types. I dont understand why we cant edit body types similar to NCAA. I need to be able to increase the quad size of some RBs.

I'm with you Creep,
Ya know, I'm the one that started the poll yet I'm in the minority. LOL

So many votes for gameplay and modes. And yes these areas could be better. But to me (after seeing NBA 2K11).....presentation is EASILY the weakest area for Madden. JMO
Old 10-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I would say Franchise Mode with Presentation being second. But I think the two go hand in hand. Weekly update show, in game commentary that talks about current season (not just generic lines about Star Players)
I completely agree with this.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #21
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
So many votes for gameplay and modes. And yes these areas could be better. But to me (after seeing NBA 2K11).....presentation is EASILY the weakest area for Madden. JMO
Well, the poll wasn't "what area is the weakest?" ... The poll was "where do you hope to see most improvement?"

In my opinion, presentation is like frosting on the cake. Sure, we all love frosting... but it's not going to save a cake that isn't baked properly. And right now, Madden gameplay isn't quite coming out of the oven completely done. All the fancypants presentation qualities of NBA2k11 wouldn't mean a hill of beans if the gameplay didn't bring the goods. As an example, NBA2K9 had great presentation qualities too... but a monkey with a closed head injury could drive to the basket and get easy shots on 99% of all possessions.

Give me improved touch passing, keep the 37th facemask variation. Give me a semi-realistic gang tackling mechanic, I'll soldier on with inaccurate running back quad muscles. Update a core gamemode like franchise, I skip past all those TV-style menus, cutscenes and commentary anyways. I want to play the game, not watch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

FRANCHISE

I need a franchise mode similar to the PS2/xbox Days.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #23
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I'm with you Creep,
Ya know, I'm the one that started the poll yet I'm in the minority. LOL

Won't argue that Presentation needs a major upgrade and is completely and utterly lacking. Always has been. It's just that for a few... some... many of us(?), what ever the demographic is, we feel the same way about gameplay.

It isn't that the gameplay is terrible mind you, it's just that:

A- The gameplay we have now, is much, much too similar to the gameplay we had in Madden 2000, and even a little too similar to the gameplay we had on 32bit consoles (PS1) for that matter. And...

B- That would be fine if the gameplay was stellar, but when gameplay was flawed to begin with (not saying that there is a game that does not have flawed gameplay) and you have seen very similar gameplay on THREE different console generations, to say that the gameplay isn't terrible, or that it's even decent, is not the type of endorsement that the devs should be looking for.

In short, I'd love to have 2K11 Presentation and a stellar Franchise Mode (even though I don't play it), but if I'm still playing a game with similar PS1 gameplay, that still has many issues that were on the Genesis for crying out loud, then no amount of bells and whistles will ever make me sit through a game to see all of this Presentation and Franchise greatness.

I don't think I am alone in feeling this way either.

Last edited by Only1LT; 10-21-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #24
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Give me improved touch passing, keep the 37th facemask variation. Give me a semi-realistic gang tackling mechanic, I'll soldier on with inaccurate running back quad muscles. Update a core gamemode like franchise, I skip past all those TV-style menus, cutscenes and commentary anyways. I want to play the game, not watch it.

All due respect I still disagree.

Madden 12 could have the greatest gameplay to date. But if the presentation is still as 1995 as it is now....... I'll still fall asleep playing that game. I'd like nice gameplay, but the game still needs to be alive.

And right now its not even close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »