Home

Question for those who prefer controlling all 32 teams in offline franchise

This is a discussion on Question for those who prefer controlling all 32 teams in offline franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question for those who prefer controlling all 32 teams in offline franchise

Currently, I control all 32 teams in an offline franchise where every setting save for one team, is set to CPU in determining and resigning free agents during the offseason. With this in mind, I noticed that there are no marquee names on the free agent list. Apparently, the CPU will sign all players with 85+ OVR no matter what, despite injury or lack of productivity to a new contract. While this is nice and convenient (and mostlikely realistic), it is certainly boring from the standpoint of being able to make a few key player acquisitions in order to make a quick turnaround. Add on top the fact that if you import players from NCAA, the draft is very predictable. In other words, you will get a high Potential, high OVR player if you are drafting in the early parts of the round. There are no late round gems, ie a Tom Brady or Marques Colston that will eventually be stars.

So, I am thinking of doing the resignings during the offseason for all teams. Does anyone have any house rules that govern resigning players that they can share? Another thing I was thinking of doing is letting all free agents go into the pool and let the CPU fight it out in open free agency. Thoughts and feedback? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Question for those who prefer controlling all 32 teams in offline franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
Currently, I control all 32 teams in an offline franchise where every setting save for one team, is set to CPU in determining and resigning free agents during the offseason.
I haven't had this problem. Set it to USER for everything and it should be straight.

Quote:
Add on top the fact that if you import players from NCAA, the draft is very predictable. In other words, you will get a high Potential, high OVR player if you are drafting in the early parts of the round.
The NCAA draft import feature is broken. Plain and simple. Ratings from NCAA don't seem to translate properly to Madden along with equipment and body types.

The Madden generated aren't great but they aren't terrible either. I edited a few names here and there in my first two drafts to reflect actual rookies. Locker, Luck, Royster, so on down the line. Not a perfect solution but good enough for me.

Quote:
So, I am thinking of doing the resignings during the offseason for all teams.
This is the only way to do it. Letting the CPU resign, sign, and draft players defeats the purpose of controlling all 32 teams.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »