Home

Online Franchise Progression Issue

This is a discussion on Online Franchise Progression Issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online Franchise Progression Issue

In my online franchise, we just advanced past our first full season and I'm receiving some weird results in regards to progression. A lot of my players on defense did not progress at all. Ndamukong Suh is still an 85, Derek Cox is still an 82 among other players on my team. Meanwhile, it seems as if all my offense has progressed as it should. Is this a known issue? I checked with some other online franchises I'm involved with and Suh is also still an 85 in those after a season (But Cox progressed to an 88).

What's going on? Both Cox and Suh were some of my best players. Suh had 16 TFL and 9 sacks, while Cox had 7 (I think) interceptions. I don't understand why my players aren't progressing. Is this a known issue with the online franchise? I'm highly disappointed. I traded a lot to get Suh on my team.

Last edited by Chuckatommy; 10-22-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #2
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Online Franchise Progression Issue

Not sure but when we advanced Nagata went from 94 to 92 :| He was unreal for me and in the latest roster updates he is a 96 so I am a little pissed about that. Even more baffling is that Brian Dawkins never retired and stayed at 90 and he turned 37 lol

But I'm sure Suh will move up quickly in the coming years and dominate the NFC west
Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

the progression system is a bit goofy but i was wondering, did you make the playoffs? where were you ranked on the Points For versus your Points Against? From my experience, Downs Played, Making Playoffs, and PF and PA are more a determining factor of progression than actual stats. I've simmed franchises where my team made the playoffs and everyone pretty much goes up, then times where i didn't make the playoffs and my entire team went down.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

the progression system in the online franchises as well as offline are pretty much pre determined...

Suh has never gone up in any franchise that i have simmed or been in after year 1... at the end of season 2,3,4 he will progress though and better one of the best OVR DT in the game...
Old 10-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

^ Interesting. Offline, Suh always progresses to a 90 for me and Cox progresses to an 88. Perhaps he'll progress next year, we'll see.

As for my team, I went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. I had around 400 points for and 300 points against and both players definitely played a lot of downs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 02:37 AM   #6
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

yea progression is pretty much fixed. it may be vary offline due to the weekly roster updates. but plain and simple, no dobut about it, progression is fixed based off of nothing but age, experience, and bias.

the reason I say bias is because certain players hit the age of 30, and they'll stay the same. but there are other players that hit the age of 30 that will digress by leaps and bounds. take the example of an aging Brian Dawkins, who remains a 90 overall despite being 37 years old. And then a dominant DE in Haloti Ngata, who only hits his low 30's, begins to start declining.

personally doesn't make sense to me, but it clearly makes sense to somebody in the studios so I suppose I would be wrong to question.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
yea progression is pretty much fixed. it may be vary offline due to the weekly roster updates. but plain and simple, no dobut about it, progression is fixed based off of nothing but age, experience, and bias.

the reason I say bias is because certain players hit the age of 30, and they'll stay the same. but there are other players that hit the age of 30 that will digress by leaps and bounds. take the example of an aging Brian Dawkins, who remains a 90 overall despite being 37 years old. And then a dominant DE in Haloti Ngata, who only hits his low 30's, begins to start declining.

personally doesn't make sense to me, but it clearly makes sense to somebody in the studios so I suppose I would be wrong to question.
Nagata went down after the first year....at age 27...so dumb.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Progress is not predetermined. There is no way. It is consistently different for whatever two teams I chose to control in my franchises.

Also, and I don't know if this is a glitch or intentional, but sometimes a player will progress, but their overall will not change. However if they are released or you go into the edit screen for the player, you will see their true overall. If you save after editing (you don't need to actually make changes) the new overall will be there.

You can also see the true overall in the depth chart screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »