Home

Craziest Endings in Madden

This is a discussion on Craziest Endings in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Craziest Endings in Madden

What are some of the craziest plays that you have seen happen at the end/near end of game to decide the winner (against human or CPU)?

I was playing on my Giants Franchise that went 12-4 in 2011 but lost the division to Dallas by division rec tie breaker. I was on the road vs Green Bay in a night snow game for Divisional Round after beating the niners. Both teams threw a pick six and I was outgaining cpu but not getting enough points. Steve Smith got hurt in the Wildcard game and Nicks went out in the 3rd.

It was 24-28 at the end of 4th when I took a drive down to the 25 with no timeouts and under 15 seconds left. I completed a pass down in bounds to the 3 yard line and hurried up to the line. Snapped the ball with :04 and threw the fade way too quick, in panic mode and thinking I might be able to get 2 plays off. Eli Threw the ball right to Charles Woodson and a safety, who both jump to knock it down...but it bounces backwards off of their hands, then off of the back of the safety's shoulder pads, right into the arms of 6th stringer Ramses Barden with no time left.

Was crazy because the pass was so horrible and of course neither of the DBs go for the easy INT. Was a combination of the crazy Antonio Freeman MNF catch and that fluke play a few years ago (with Favre vs the Vikings) where two defenders tip the ball right to the WR in the corner. Except the play in this game happened at the goaline with the WR barely catching the ball across the plane with momentum carrying him out.

Last edited by VikeKing; 10-23-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Craziest Endings in Madden

Just the other day I was playing Madden and the CPU went for two and the win as time expired. They didn't get it,but it was pretty cool they went for two. It was on Madden 08 with updated rosters for the PC though...
Old 10-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

I've thrown a couple of game winning throws with time expired.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Kurt Warner PA Roll Out, Pass Deep to Fitzgerald with time expired for a 64 Yard TD at Seattle in the rain. Still have the highlight somewhere on my EA Sports Page thing.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Madden 04 Browns vs, Raiders in divisonal round Browns down by 6 w/ :10 remaining Couch throws a 55 yrd td as time runs out

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Down by 1 with 17 seconds left, from my opponets 40 i hurl a pass into the end zone where the defender picks it and returns it to the 2. They try and run the ball and get stuffed for a safety with 3 seconds left and i win by 1.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24

Madden 03, 49ers vs Browns. Down by 1 with 3 seconds left, around the 50, Garcia bombs the Hail Mary deep to the endzone, T.O. get his hands on the ball. Then the ball warps to his crotch, twirls around for a few seconds, and then falls to the ground. Gameover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »