Home

Madden 2004 draft?

This is a discussion on Madden 2004 draft? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2003, 03:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 2004 draft?

Does anyone know if madden is going to have a better draft format than 2003 madden? NFL2k3 has one of the best draft formats because of the stage that looks like the real NFL draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2003, 03:50 PM   #2
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden 2004 draft?

I saw a video of the offseason stuff and the draft wasn't impressive. I didn't play 2003, but i did play 2K3 and Madden 2004's was nothing like it. Just the plain draft, it quickly skipped over all teams picking in front of you and then you made your choice and skipped over the rest and showed you a summary of that round, and goes onto the next....nothing special at all, ESPN should definitely have the better presentation for their draft.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

the guide showed pics of the draft and it's almost exactly like last years draft...
Old 08-10-2003, 04:16 PM   #4
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

The shorter format is the way it should be, unless you wanna sit there for 3 hours to wait for every pick and stuff. Madden is short, quick to the point, the way I like it.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #5
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

Quote:

TheMatrix31 said:
The shorter format is the way it should be, unless you wanna sit there for 3 hours to wait for every pick and stuff. Madden is short, quick to the point, the way I like it.

Given the option of having an expanded, more life like draft and a short, uninvolving draft you would take the shorter draft with less visuals? NFL 2K3's draft was great, but it's not like it took 3 hours to go through, it was short and to the point if you wanted to, but if you want to make it a little more life-like you can watch the CPU picks, if not you can skip right through them and it ends up being just like Madden's but it is easier to navigate and have nice visuals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2003, 04:34 PM   #6
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Yeah well I know they have the shorter version too, and thats good, but if you sit through the CPU picks, does it allow you to react and change around your picks or what? Can you look through talent pools while the CPU is picking?
Old 08-10-2003, 04:38 PM   #7
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

i didnt like nfl 2k3's draft last year, i didnt think it was that good at all.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:46 PM   #8
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

Quote:

TheMatrix31 said:
Yeah well I know they have the shorter version too, and thats good, but if you sit through the CPU picks, does it allow you to react and change around your picks or what? Can you look through talent pools while the CPU is picking?

I'm assuming you're talking about 2K3.....you could sit and watch the CPU picks slowly or skip through it really fast, when it was your turn you were on the clock and had 5 minutes or whatever to EASILY look through the pool of players, your current team and take a detailed look at everyon you scouted going into the draft. SO i'd have an idea of who I wanted in the first round and sit through the picks before me to see if he was gone or not. Probably the same strategy i'll use in Madden, but the bells & whistles of the nice visuals and easy navigation(all you did was hit the right thumbstick to goto a different screen) made 2K3's very nice.

It'll be something I miss from 2K3, but it's minor compared to other areas, I'm sure Madden's draft will still be good, I've got to see how the scouting works and everything, but I'm sure it's pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »