Home

I find offline franchise so addicting..

This is a discussion on I find offline franchise so addicting.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #33
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: I find offline franchise so addicting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
I think one of the reasons offline franchise gets bashed so much, is that so many people simply care too much. And... with Head Coach 09, EA set a standard that we know they can attain. Yet they simply don't. Or won't.
I think this is what frustrates me the most. It's not like NFL 2k5 or APF is the culprit... it's Tiburon themselves that set the standard for a great franchise mode. They made the very best video game franchise mode in console history, and the competition is not close. And the people who made that game are scattered around Tiburon yet... Staymates, last I heard, was on Madden Wii (which has a better franchise mode than what we've got), Looman is the lead MUT designer, and Moore is the ratings guru... they're all there, the same team, they could get it done, but they don't.

I think the biggest reason FM hasn't been touched is the labor issues, and I guess I can't fault 'em there (anything they do might have to be redone in a year)... but every time I fire up Head Coach (and I still do from time to time), I'm amazed at how deep and well done it is and it's painful to go back to Madden. It had some hiccups, freezes and crashes and the like, but all forgivable when you consider the total package it delivered.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I have never hit the 30 year mark. The most I ever had was 12 seasons on Madden 2005 with the Miami Dolphins.

I am playing as 4 teams (controlling 32) so I will probably get 3-4 seasons out of 2011 granted 2012 has the big time overhaul of franchise. If it does not improve in a very good way then I will keep going with this version till they do.
I doubt you'll keep 11 after 12 drops man. There's no point actually.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I doubt you'll keep 11 after 12 drops man. There's no point actually.
I honestly still don't think 2012 is the overhaul year. I don't think it'll go untouched this time around like it has been, but I think 2013 is the year of Franchise Mode... based on the interviews, and I don't think I'd be able to find it again... it seemed to me like they weren't going to completely redo it until after a new labor deal is in place.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I honestly still don't think 2012 is the overhaul year. I don't think it'll go untouched this time around like it has been, but I think 2013 is the year of Franchise Mode... based on the interviews, and I don't think I'd be able to find it again... it seemed to me like they weren't going to completely redo it until after a new labor deal is in place.
Phil said in a radio interview he thought they were going to give the hardcore fans the franchise mode they wanted and some things they didn't even expect for Madden12. I really don't expect anything like Head Coach. They made that game targeting the hardcore/sim crowd. They will want Madden's franchise mode to be still casual friendly.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #37
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Phil said in a radio interview he thought they were going to give the hardcore fans the franchise mode they wanted and some things they didn't even expect for Madden12. I really don't expect anything like Head Coach. They made that game targeting the hardcore/sim crowd. They will want Madden's franchise mode to be still casual friendly.
Well hopefully they do something good that they can build a "hardcore" franchise mode on top of that one can select.

-Mark Twain.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #38
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

the labor deal won't be resolved until middle of next year (from the NFL guru's)....NO WAY tiburon could get the new CBA into franchise mode in that amount of time....franchise mode won't get touched until Madden 13. book it.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #39
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
And WOW! I assume you sim a lot of games/seasons and concentrate on the off-season stuff???
As I was reading this thread I kept wondering what percentage of Madden players actually hit the 30-year mark!
Yeah, you have to Sim a bit to get that far. I usually play about 4-6 games a season plus any playoff games.

I always get to 30 though. I also have anywhere from 4-6 franchise saves going at once. I try to play them all differently. Some I sim all the offseason stuff and play like I am a first year coach with no control. Other times I will control everything like I was a Bill Walsh type.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:07 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Might not be the overhaul year but it'll most definitely be better than 11. Just like 11 is most definitely better than 10 ya know. There's no way I could play 10 today. WRs dont go for the ball as aggressively in 10 as they do in 11 for the simple fact that the appropriate animations aren't in 10.

Locomotion, while not all the way polished definitely makes a difference combined with ACC and SPD. Once again, thats not in 10. I call bull when someone says they play an older version. Makes zero sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »