Home

I find offline franchise so addicting..

This is a discussion on I find offline franchise so addicting.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #57
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I find offline franchise so addicting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
Man I thought I was the only freak that did that kinda stuff as a kid. My brother and I keep track of "our MLB" and "our NFL" stats from our backyard stuff too.
As for Madden this year I am loving it. I am 8-7 with the Browns and was just eliminated from the playoffs. A last second 55 yard TD by Miami and a pick 6 as I was sacked by the Bengals both cost me wins when I was ahead w/ less than 2 min to go in the game. Should easily be 10-5 and a wild card team but the fact that I am not in the playoffs has me pumped for some offseason changes.
A friend of mine and I kept stats on sports video game before the game tracked them for you (I am 34), and we also kept track of stats in backyard wiffleball and ragball as well as basketball. The games have come so far now but I miss those days for sure.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #58
Rookie

Centurum Dave's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree that the offline franchise is addicting. I am in my third season of Madden 10 using the Bucs. The first year the record was 1-15, then second years 4-12, Currently the Bucs are 6-0. I really like building the team through the draft, watching them grow, possibly win a few games including playoffs and Super Bowl, then starting over. Offseasons are really interesting.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #59
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey76
A friend of mine and I kept stats on sports video game before the game tracked them for you (I am 34), and we also kept track of stats in backyard wiffleball and ragball as well as basketball. The games have come so far now but I miss those days for sure.
holy crap I did that too !!! I would make my own schedule on paper and record everything

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 18

After reading this thread, I have finally begun my first chise' for M11. I picked the Lions and made some fun non-realistic changes. I went into free agency and signed the make-a-wish foundation free agents and the guys/gal from the ESPN thing Donny did.

My new QB is Robert You, nice deep ball (Make-a-wish)
My new RB's S. Baddknews and Frisch who split carries 50/50 (Make-a-wish)
My new WR Ravitz (ESPN dude and great compliment to the Calvin Johnson Show)
My new TE Van-Bader (ESPN dude and good blocker)
My new MLB Berry (ESPN dude and good hitter)

For some reason not being so serious and exact with my Franchise has made it fun again. I even cheated and learned who the best guys are for my upcoming draft class, so I can focus more on finding diamonds in the rough guys.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #61
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
holy crap I did that too !!! I would make my own schedule on paper and record everything
A friend and I did the same thing for the original Tecmo Bowl. I still have the loose leaf notebook that had season after season. Only down part was the same teams always stayed good, but still just to know that Montana through for 4,500 yards in "1993" was so cool and futuristic to us.

Don't even get me started about how we'd create our own NCAA March Madness brackets and play eachother one on one to 10 in each game till the Final Four and a National Championship was crowned. We even drew a logo on the side walk for the Final Four.

P.S. It was the Jason Kidd, California team the last year we did it. I think we were a little bias.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 1

I am having so much fun playing with chiefs franchise. Only bad thing is lack of uniform variety. I simulated about 90% of the first two seasons and went 7-9 and 6-10. I just built the team up and then actually started playing in the 2012 season. Before I started, I lowered Charles and McCluster's speed by 1-2, but they are still incredible in the game. I didn't make drastic changes...7 new starters that weren't with the team initially (5 drafted 2 free agency). I made the playoffs as wildcard at 11-5.

I beat the Ravens by a FG in baltimore and the Colts in OT at their house to advance to the AFC Championship Game at rival San Diego. They swept me earlier in the year and I was trailing by 20-0 with 7:00 in the game! Kaeding missing an easy feild goal (like real life in the playoffs) and my very good defense was keeping me partially in a game in which I was turning the ball over and playing terrible on offense. On my next drive I converted a 4th and 8 and 4th and goal on the 3 to make it 20-6. I thought they would score another FG off of a late onsides kick to make it 23 pts so I would need three 2 pt conversion.

They ran it three times and punted, but the stupid AI doesen't run the clock all the way down with around 3-4:00 minutes left in a game (and 15 second runoff on). I drove down the field 77 yrds quickly to make it 20-13 with only 1:13 left. They ran it 3 times and I burned my timeouts to get it back at the 24 with 53 seconds. I wasn't moving the ball well, and only had it to midfield with 18 seconds left and no timeout. I threw a bomb to Peirre Garcon in the left corner, who caught it at the one and drug Antoine Cason into the endzone. I won the toss in OT and drove down down the field for a 39 yrd field goal. I stopped Rivers on their possession...anticlimactic but GAME OVER and on to face Minnesota in the Superbowl.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 2

great stories, haha .. i love off. franchise. im using playmakers sliders and week 1 opening day rosters. i have a few house rules, like no switch rule on defense, and only using the middle 'ask madden' play for every snap, offense and defense (usually just pressing X - ps3)

im in my 3rd year with philadelphia (just started it, 2nd game of pre-season)

2010 year:
we finish 10-6, we were 8-4 and thought id cruise into the playoffs but lost the following 2 games and had to fight to keep alive in a tough NFC. had to go through the playoffs playing on other teams home turf...which i love. love the intensity of playing away from home in the playoffs. 'backs against the wall' type stuff.

so anyway, i was pretty pumped, and we had to vs the bears first up, who beat us during the year with some great defense. had to air it out against them to really stretch their zones and won the game.

nfc division game vs the vikings...this was probably the biggest game of the season for us. we had lost to the vikings 31-17 only a couple of weeks before this game, so i was really worried. but we stuck to our guns and came up huge defensively, winning 28-6 .. onto the nfc title game

vs'd the panthers, who finished 10-6, and was suprising playing them in a title game...so i took it easy. was ahead 17-0 and they came back to get within 3 late in the 4th. kevin kolb goes on a 76 yard drive and punches it into the endzone to seal the game, onto the superbowl!

by this point we had basically overperformed during the playoffs and the superbowl vs the colts was our (huge) wakeup call. they were just too good all game and we ended up losing by 7, 31-24... manning cut us up all over the field and we couldnt stop them on 3rd down.

2011 year:
coming off a superbowl loss i really was going to put the foot down from week 1 and make sure that last year wasnt a fluke (over-performing in playoffs). we won our first 4 games, then dropped one against the cowboys, who went to 5-0. won our next 3, then lost again to dallas, going to 8-2 on the season, dallas a perfect 10-0 at this point. we ended up finishing the season 11-5, one win better than last season, but kevin kolb won MVP despite a herculean effort from tony romo and his 16-0 (that's right, 16-0) cowboys. kolbfinished with 4500 yards and 39TD's on about 55% completion percent. lesean mccoy dropped off from his last season (1200 yards) but we really aired it out this year and it worked well. was disappointed in finishing 11-5, thought we were much better, but was confident going into the playoffs.

we ended up finishing 2nd in a weak nfc behind 16-0 cowboys. for some reason though, we got given a wildcard game the following week. i always thought that top 2 get the bye week, but the 10-6 packers (3rd in nfc) got the bye instead. i assume its because dallasis in our division?? not too sure. anyway..

wildcard @ (7-9) 49ers-
i was pretty annoyed at the fact that we didnt get home field throughout, so i decided to tear these guys apart... getting into the playoffs on a below .500 record was not on. won 31-10

division vs (10-6) saints-
was fearful of brees and the arial attack, but stuck to what ive done all year and despite a late surge by the saints, i pulled out the win, 31-17

conf @ (10-6) packers-
notice how dallas isnt here? new orleans ended up beating them the previous week, 17-14, LOL. so i was very glad that dallas wasnt going to feature in the playoffs anymore, as we had lost twice to them and probably wouldve gotten beat again. the game vs the packers was all snow, ice bowl revisited, lol. had a few good stops on defense and kolb came threw big for a 10pt win. onto the superbowl

superbowl vs (12-4) colts .. again -
rematch of last year. it was funny because i didnt feel good going into last years superbowl, i knew that they were a powerful side. but a year had passed, and kolb being MVP really gave me confidence that i needed to go out there and get the job done. went into halftime leading 14-6, but knew it wasnt over. manning got a td on the opening drive of qtr 3, to make it 14-13. was all defense from that point on, until the 4th.

manning got the ball to start the 4th, drove the colts down the field and came up short, missing a chip shot field goal to take the lead. we get the ball back, needing to score, and we go on a 80 yard drive to go ahead 21-13 with 9 minutes left. maning gets it back, INTERCEPTED by stewart bradley...all the way to the house. 28-13, 8:30 left...im feeling good at this point. we kickoff to them, they fumble it...again into the endzone for us LOL, 35-13. by this point i basically feel asthough its game over and we just need to run out the clock .. and we do.

felt great to win a superbowl, but felt even better to do it in a rematch and beat the team that beat us in the very same game a year ago.

focused on trying to defend my title this season, and hoping for a running game similar to my first season (mccoy 1200 yards). if we can get those, we'll be featuring again in playoffs.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

[quote]by this point we had basically overperformed during the playoffs and the superbowl vs the colts was our (huge) wakeup call. they were just too good all game and we ended up losing by 7, 31-24... manning cut us up all over the field and we couldnt stop them on 3rd down.

Year 4 of Bronco's franchise, control all 32 teams, custom sliders/gameplan, Cutler and Marshall still on team. Couple of stud defensive rookies and Patrick Willis at MLB.
Made playoffs year 3 with 13 and 3 record, AFC championship at home in snow, lost to Colts 10 to 9. Closest game ever had in Madden. Led 3-0 at half, Manning lit me up in second half but could only get a TD in 3rd and a the game winning FG with 2:40 left in 4th. Drove to the 23, 4th and long after Dwight Freeney sacked Cutler for 10yd loss. Kicked FG 1:04 left, could not recover onside kick but got ball back after Colts 3 and out with 18 seconds left [stupid A.I. clock management] but Cutler threw a pick in the endzone on last play of game. Willis, Dumerville and Bailey were beasts on D all day, great game.
Decided to play as Colts in Superbowl vs 49rs. Peyton Manning is a machine, almost automatic. 29 for 35, 364yds, 4 TD, 1 pick 6. Not familier with Colts playbook but that didn't seem to matter. With Cutler I have to use lots of motion and hot routes, pretty good but I have to pay attention, with Manning just drop back and pass, super accurate.
Now on year 4 of Bronco's chise, 11-1, just lost Knowshon Moreno, career ending broken vertabrae. Manning out for season with severe concussion so Colts unlikely to make playoffs this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »