Home

I find offline franchise so addicting..

This is a discussion on I find offline franchise so addicting.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
I find offline franchise so addicting..

I'm on my 5th, 9 minute, playmakers sliders game for the day. I can't stop playing haha. I started a Steelers Franchise today and I am already in Week 6! Does anyone else find this game addicting, it's like I keep saying to myself just one more game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I find offline franchise so addicting..

Well aside from playing as the Steelers, I'm with you.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

yea it is. there are times where i find myself playing offline franchise all day
Old 10-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

I truly am an offline franchise addict. That is why it pains me that there is no future draft pick trades, RFA, practice squads, working IR..etc.

This isn't a bash post...I truly love franchise mode. I just wish it loved me back.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

I think one of the reasons offline franchise gets bashed so much, is that so many people simply care too much. And... with Head Coach 09, EA set a standard that we know they can attain. Yet they simply don't. Or won't.

Nonetheless, in a perverse way I look forward to the end of the season and firing, hiring, re-signing and rebuilding. I'll spend 20 minutes just staring at the player progressions, and completely irrationally I'll re-sign players that have done well and progressed significantly, even if I know they're C potential overall.

Offline franchise is the only thing that keeps me coming back to Madden. I get a little bored, I buy shiny new games (GT 5, Special Ops both on my shopping list) but Madden's the game I always come back to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Same here. Its VERY addicting. Needs a little more depth to it, but I still love it. Its just another world I immerse myself in from time to time.

It started back up in Madden 10 where I found myself playing 2 games in a sitting. I love my wife to the end, but I'm absolutely elated when she goes shopping or has her friends over so I can have my NCAA/ Madden marathons lol.

Man I'm serious about my dynasty/franchise mode.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I truly am an offline franchise addict. That is why it pains me that there is no future draft pick trades, RFA, practice squads, working IR..etc.

This isn't a bash post...I truly love franchise mode. I just wish it loved me back.
LOL .
Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I love it as well. I still REALLY want a massive upgrade, but it's all I play.

The right slider set makes a HUGE difference. I use a tweak of mikeownz sliders and they are great. I feel like I really earn wins and deserve the losses. You can really tell a difference when a stud goes out. I have
Spoiler
as my RB and when he's out and Tashard Choice comes in I know I have to call different plays and can't be as aggresive. Same for the CPU. Played the Redskins and they lost thier starter and a worn down (I'm in 2012) Clinton portis came in and he was noticebly easier to contain.

Very fun to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »