Home

dolby digital support in ps2?

This is a discussion on dolby digital support in ps2? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2003, 07:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
dolby digital support in ps2?

does anyone know why madden on xbox, and for that matter most ea sports games on xbox mostly always has dolby digital support but only pro logic support in all ps2 versions, i can never figure this out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2003, 07:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: dolby digital support in ps2?

ps2 can't do dolby digital in game. they movies on a game disc on ps2 can be in dolby digital but not the game itself.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:01 AM   #3
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

twflawless said: I can never figure this out.

Its simple, really. The PS2 was in development a few years before the Xbox was even an idea. Technology moves like the wind, as you may know.

Xbox
---------
8 Gig HDD
64mb RAM
5.1 DD Support
HDTV support (1080i, 720p, 480p)
Ethernet (NIC)
4 controller ports
256 sound channels
(yadda, yadda, yadda)
---------

This isnt a p*ssing contest. Sony chose to leave out some of those features for business reasons, also becasue some of the technology listed there was still new and not yet widely accpeted.
Sony wanted to sell add-ons(memory cards, multi-taps, network adapters, hard disk, stand, etc)

And yes, I own a PS2...NCAA2004 baby!

Enough rambling, Madden is looking better than ever this year! Ill likely get Madden for the PS2(on-line play), since Fever 2004 will be glued shut in my Xbox for about 3 months.

Even if your a Madden faithful, even if Madden is 100 perfect to you, do yourself a favor and give Fever 2004 a look. This year the game has been rebuilt from scratch. MS called in a veteran dev. team to oversea the project(along w/ their own in-house team) and it has paid off. Honestly, I didnt like Fever the past 2 seasons. It was way too arcadey for me and after time, it became old and repetitious.
Fever 2004 has taken a serious 180 from the information I have gathered over the last few months. The entire build of the previous 2 seasons is now gone--enter the new simulation. The Fever2004 forum has an excellent hands-on impressions thread(stickey). DL some moives, there are around 30 or so. Some are 50mb+--EXCELLENT video showing you all of the options in Fever this year. LB goes through all of them and its astonishing to see how many aspects of the game they have added and evolved.

There is new football game to enjoy: besides Madden. (not that ESPN is bad or anything, I just dont care for it anymore)

(yeah, im pumped about Fever)

Enjoy,
chef423
Old 08-09-2003, 05:35 AM   #4
Pro

why does ea not at least use dts digital, they used it in the nhl series? also in vice city it was used and the music sounded great, sometimes i would get a sweet car and just sit parked in it because i love the sound over pro logic
Old 08-09-2003, 08:24 AM   #5
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

twflawless said:
why does ea not at least use dts digital, they used it in the nhl series? also in vice city it was used and the music sounded great, sometimes i would get a sweet car and just sit parked in it because i love the sound over pro logic

The sound quality of the music was extremely high grade, no doubt there, but the other sounds weren't anything special.

DTS need the help of programmers to work properly. (in software)

chef423
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »