Home

Real-Time Physics or Real-Time Presentation?

This is a discussion on Real-Time Physics or Real-Time Presentation? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Would you rather see Real-Time Physics, or Real-Time Presentation in Madden 12?
Real-Time Physics 48 65.75%
Real-Time Presentation 24 32.88%
Both ideas suck. 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #41
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Real-Time Physics or Real-Time Presentation?

I voted for presentation before reading all the good points from others about what physics COULD add to Madden. This is what I love/hate about OS, you guys always make my imagination run wild about a great NFL football video game.........."Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity", we dont have a game like that, we got Madden!

It is a travesty of gamer justice that a poll like this is so relevant to so many of us. We actually have to prioritize what we want more because the status quo shows we can't have what we should. Im not just talking about RT Physics and RT Presentation, Im talking about having an immersive, unscripted experience.

I had no idea I wanted NFL 2k5 until they made it and I played it. Maybe if EA just focused on creating an immersive and unscripted NFL experience, everything else would fall into place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 03:44 AM   #42
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I voted for presentation before reading all the good points from others about what physics COULD add to Madden. This is what I love/hate about OS, you guys always make my imagination run wild about a great NFL football video game.........."Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity", we dont have a game like that, we got Madden!

It is a travesty of gamer justice that a poll like this is so relevant to so many of us. We actually have to prioritize what we want more because the status quo shows we can't have what we should. Im not just talking about RT Physics and RT Presentation, Im talking about having an immersive, unscripted experience.

I had no idea I wanted NFL 2k5 until they made it and I played it. Maybe if EA just focused on creating an immersive and unscripted NFL experience, everything else would fall into place.
Yeah, we want something to 'lose ourselves' in.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #43
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Both are badly needed. I'd vote physics, but don't think implementing it will be as easy as many seem to think as you say. If they do attempt to implement physics, I'd think it'd be more along the lines of what they did in NHL and Elite, than the more complicated approach Backbreaker took. From what I've seen the NHL/Elite path really isn't the true physics system most desire. And given the failure of Elite, I'd think EA would be even less inclined than they already were to take that risk with Madden.

I'd say because of Elite, we may see a year coming where they take even less risks with Madden - especially since they have no competition to worry about. And I read a rumor Tiburon may be taking over development of the next EA basketball game (which I think is an absolutely HORRIBLE idea given what they've done with Madden - but only a rumor, although 1UP is pretty reliable):

http://www.1up.com/news/report-nba-elite-moved-tiburon

If that would mean that they wouldn't be able to work on Madden, then I would be all for it lol.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 9

I would get no joy in playing a game with great presentation, but had players falling all over themselves(tumble weed tackling) when the game starts.

Game-play is first! That's not a matter of opinion; it's a fact. You can button through presentation, but not game-play.

The cake is more important than the icing.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 10-29-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 6

Real Time Physics > Realistic Presentation

If they gave me a realistic game with no presentation at all, I'd be fine.

A game with a realistic presentation that plays like Madden currently does? Not so much...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #46
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Personally, I would prioritize physics over presentation. Given the fact that Tiburon has to pay obscenely high licensing fees, they probably wouldn't have a lot of money available to do ALL THAT motion capture that it would take for real-time presentation...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »