Home

Madden Needs Team, Player, & Coach Tendency Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden Needs Team, Player, & Coach Tendency Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #25
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden Needs Team, Player, & Coach Tendency Ratings

Madden should have had something like this years ago. But hay....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #26
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Didn't Madden already have player roles and no one seemed to care? This is pretty much what this is.

And no, tendencies are bad, because it cues the opposing team as to what you are going to do. This is why you try to pass out of running formations and vice versa. This is why you try to run when you are mostly a passing team, because teams prepare for your tendencies.

Tendencies are bad in football.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:33 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 14

This is what the game needs to be more lifelike and real.

But everyone knows that this is not where EA is going. They want things simpler, quicker.....deeper isn't where it is at.

I would have more faith if EA had implemented this in NCAA football, basketball or NBA Live/Elite....but they didn't and nowhere do I see EA taking this approach.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 AM   #28
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Didn't Madden already have player roles and no one seemed to care? This is pretty much what this is.

And no, tendencies are bad, because it cues the opposing team as to what you are going to do. This is why you try to pass out of running formations and vice versa. This is why you try to run when you are mostly a passing team, because teams prepare for your tendencies.

Tendencies are bad in football.
I think that's what makes tendencies so good, dude.

Think about it: just because opposing teams know that the Colts are gonna pass 65-70% of the game, doesn't mean they should stop throwing the ball. The thing that a lot of people don't get about tendencies is, not only does it deal with player/coach preference, but it plays into skill as well: you're good at what you're good at. That's why you see teams like the 49ers or the Bears run the ball most of the time: because the coach prefers it, AND the Niners and Bears have NO passing game whatsoever. Same for the Patriots and the Colts: the coach prefers to throw the ball, AND the coach knows that their running game is sub-par. You don't deviate from what helps you be a better team, just because the other team knows what's coming. In fact, it's up to the OTHER TEAM to stop them at what they do best.

Same thing applies to players, too. There's a reason why most RB's are so successful running on the left side of an offensive line: because most RB's and OLinemen are right-handed; therefor, OL players prefer to have their right hand on the inside of traffic, rather than the outside Just like RB's usually stiff arm with their stronger arm, rather than their weaker one. Players prefer to play with their stronger hand doing most of the work. It's the same reason why QB's have more success throwing to the right side of the field: they aren't throwing across their bodies. In other words, just because you can do something different to "mix it up" doesn't mean you should. In fact, if you do that, you might end up killing your gameplan.

Look at the Packers-Jets game from this past week. Mike McCarthy tried to gameplan around the Jets' constant exotic blitzes. So, the majority of the game, they tried to run the ball. Now, the Packers ended up getting the last laugh (GB 9, NYJ 0), but, with Ryan Grant out for the year, the pass IS and SHOULD be their best friend. Especially since they have Aaron Rodgers at QB.

You play to your team's strengths. So, if I have a Pro Bowl QB, I'm not gonna run it, just because the other team knows it's coming. it's up to them to shut me down...

Last edited by jWILL253; 11-02-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #29
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i think tendencies would be an upgrade from the down and distance formula of cpu playcalling....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i think tendencies would be an upgrade from the down and distance formula of cpu playcalling....
What edits have you done in Madden 11?

I've been editing my Alumni teams in NCAA 11 and I've been getting some outstanding player behavior on the field this year.

I thought about editing Madden but I'm so occupied with NCAA rosters right now i don't think i'd have time. NCAA is a thing of beauty after edits i see RB's make some amazing moves and WR's block down field to set up big runs and have some of my created mobile qb's like Staubach and Flutie taking off from the pocket now.

If you have a roster file to share with edits for Madden i'd be interested in using it because i know the edits for NCAA 11 has been awesome for me.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #31
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
What edits have you done in Madden 11?

I've been editing my Alumni teams in NCAA 11 and I've been getting some outstanding player behavior on the field this year.

I thought about editing Madden but I'm so occupied with NCAA rosters right now i don't think i'd have time. NCAA is a thing of beauty after edits i see RB's make some amazing moves and WR's block down field to set up big runs and have some of my created mobile qb's like Staubach and Flutie taking off from the pocket now.

If you have a roster file to share with edits for Madden i'd be interested in using it because i know the edits for NCAA 11 has been awesome for me.

1. higher blocking for Wr's and Te's
2.agility edits for RB's

i have no idea how to share roster, or i would have with some folks

apart from the big things missing from this game, such as physics, presentation which is subjective. i finally have my copy playing sweet offensively( yes the cpu)...defense however is alot of work but defensively the cpu did not frustrate me as much being broken as the default broken cpu offense did......

Qb's pass to their star WR's, the scrubs cant get open, they run the ball effectively,

#18 greatest EVA....

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 11-03-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
1. higher blocking for Wr's and Te's
2.agility edits for RB's

i have no idea how to share roster, or i would have with some folks

apart from the big things missing from this game, such as physics, presentation which is subjective. i finally have my copy playing sweet offensively( yes the cpu)...defense however is alot of work but defensively the cpu did not frustrate me as much being broken as the default broken cpu offense did......

Qb's pass to their star WR's, the scrubs cant get open, they run the ball effectively,
What did you do the WR's tweak their route running and release ratings?

Also, in NCAA i did the same thing to the run blocking for WR's,TE's and RB's it allows Option teams to perform better because they are getting better blocking on the edge aswell and the interior

EA assigns some terribly low blocking ratings for those players and it IMPACTS the entire option offense

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »