Home

having 'down' years in franchise?

This is a discussion on having 'down' years in franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
having 'down' years in franchise?

I know that in past Maddens, in franchise mode, it seemed that once you built your team into a super bowl contender, it was pretty easy to win multiple super bowls year after year. Ya know, in real life, most teams that win the super bowl one year, don't usually win it the next. Often times, they won't even make it back to the championship game the next year. In Madden 11, is it harder to win consecutive super bowls like this? Have you had years where you went to the playoffs and got to the super bowl one year, then the next year or two, you struggled to get back to the playoffs?

I mean, look at the Saints, this year they really haven't done well after winning the Super Bowl last year...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: having 'down' years in franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
I know that in past Maddens, in franchise mode, it seemed that once you built your team into a super bowl contender, it was pretty easy to win multiple super bowls year after year. Ya know, in real life, most teams that win the super bowl one year, don't usually win it the next. Often times, they won't even make it back to the championship game the next year. In Madden 11, is it harder to win consecutive super bowls like this? Have you had years where you went to the playoffs and got to the super bowl one year, then the next year or two, you struggled to get back to the playoffs?

I mean, look at the Saints, this year they really haven't done well after winning the Super Bowl last year...
You're right. Without house rules, it's too easy. In real life, teams have adjusted better for the Saints' offense, and they've suffered more injuries to key players (Bush, Thomas). Among the things Madden is sorely lacking is teams adjusting their gameplan to try to shut down your favorite schemes/looks/plays/playbook. Trying to approximate this with house rules, I suppose an artificial way to try to replicate this is to change the playbooks after a successful year, maybe lose some top talent to free agency and/or trades for future draft picks, and increase the injury slider, but none of these solutions are that great.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've started a 2-team franchise, and I sim half of each teams' games. It gives much more realistic stats as even my robo team gets a few losses through the season.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I myself have had a down year after a SB year and fail to get back to the SB. It seems the AI makes it harder on your the year after you wim the SB. I agree it's nice to have off a offseason where you struggle to get back to the SB. Got to love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »