Home

honest question

This is a discussion on honest question within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-09-2003, 01:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
honest question

Ok, let me first start of saying im a 2k fine primarily because of its gameplay....i feel it accurately represents the feelings of playing football better than any other game...

Anyways, heres my question, i plan on getting madden since im craving football but i will probably trade it in for 2k4 unless i really love it. What do you guys think of this playmaker control? I mean, apparently its the biggest "gameplay" upgrade but to me, many parts of it seem unrealistic. Can a ballhandler really just point to some guy and have a blocker block him? It just seems like in real life, a ball handler sets up his blocks by running at a certain angle/speed practically running the defender into a blocker....thats what i love about the 2k games, you can actually set up the blocks. I guess its pretty cool that you can change the receivers route after the snap and stuff, but what can this be done if you dont have vick or some mobile QB? Say i have bledsoe, it seems like this playmaker control would be useless for someone like him because hes a pocket passer and stuff and just sits there. Are there going to be really long plays in order for this to work?

I suppose what im wondering is the following...a) is playmaker realistic? b) how effective is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2003, 01:06 PM   #2
The Batman

soltrain's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: honest question

We don't know...we can tell you on Monday though..
Old 08-09-2003, 01:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

when your pocket is giving u time and ur wr's are covered you can move one on a spot that isnt which is very cool with playmaker control lets say eric moulds on a slant to the inside which he is coverd you can bring him back on the outside or something and throw it to him.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:23 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

AtlantaFalconFan said:
when your pocket is giving u time and ur wr's are covered you can move one on a spot that isnt which is very cool with playmaker control lets say eric moulds on a slant to the inside which he is coverd you can bring him back on the outside or something and throw it to him.

Playmaker is not unrealistic. For those of you who played football in high school or college you know that there's alot of communication going on from the qb/hb to his blockers and wr's that until now has never been represented correclty in a video game. It's about time this is implemented into the game. Even immobile qbs like Bledsoe have a rapport with their wr's and can work using hand signals and his voice and pointing to direct them from the pocket. Same goes for hbs, they can yell "robinson 10 o'clock" to let a guard pulling know to pick up the guy he wants him to get so he can run thru that hole. Also hb's can point or push on the blockers shirts to have them move in the direciton they intend to run.

Overall it's about time madden added this as i've been yelling for this to be in since the ol' steve young days when he'd always play my cowboys and ad lib by pointing and yelling and basically take busted plays and pull a big gain outta nowhere. I always would say to my friends "SEE, *THAT* needs to be in madden" and they agreed. I can't wait for it, it's a whole new ballgame!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 03:56 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:

soltrain said:
We don't know...we can tell you on Monday though..

Yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »