Home

Tiburon, Madden Only please!!!

This is a discussion on Tiburon, Madden Only please!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Tiburon, Madden Only please!!!

I am the only one who doesn't want Tiburon to also work on NBA Elite? I know their a big team, but i rather they put 100% focus on making MADDEN an amazing game then splitting their team in two.

It seemed like Madden 12 was on its way to being an amazing experience with Tiburon focusing on franchise mode and trying to rebuilt, but with them now having to also work on the NBA series i have a feel they may have bit off more than then can chew now and Madden will be back on the back burner.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Tiburon, Madden Only please!!!

I think this is consider a Hi madden team thread which ain't allowed. But I really don't think they are over their heads about doing this redoing franchise mode all over again. It's going to take them a while to get it right. It's mostly going to take them aleast madden 12 and madden 13 before we truly get a deep franchise like is in Head Coach09 But I believe Ian and his crew can do it. No doubt about. But I'm sure people are going to try and overhype this coming year madden 12. But people have to remember it might take 2 years before it gets down right. I'm expecting a good franchise mode this year. But I ain't expect a deep one. Since they are starting from the bottom and going up again. So it's going to take time and people just need complain so much and give the madden team time on this new project with franchise mode thy are working on this year and most likly next year aswell to give us fans what we want.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Wait. Why would it take two years to institute features i.e. Head Coach, that have already been created? I know they aren't the same game, but surely they share enough similarities that it can't be that hard.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Wait. Why would it take two years to institute features i.e. Head Coach, that have already been created? I know they aren't the same game, but surely they share enough similarities that it can't be that hard.
Well because they are starting off from scratch for one. Phil Frazier done said in a blog back at E3 time it might take aleast 2 years to get the franchise mode deep. It took them 3 years to do HC 09 from the first one they did on ps2 version. They can't just implant the coding from HC 09 into madden just like that. It's alot more complex then that. Some people don't understand what it takes alot to add 10 of thousands of lines of coding into a game just to make one part of it to work right. They just can't through it into the game and say here it's done and finish. I wish it is that easy but it ain't. It takes time to do it. It most likly will take them aleast 2 cycle year to fully implant alot of HC 09 franchise mode stuff into madden. I could be slightly wrong. But I'm pretty sure it will take that long to get madden franchise mode to where HC 09 is.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Remember that saying that, given enough time, a roomful of monkeys with typewriters could produce the entire works of shakespeare.

There's no doubt there are more than enough developers at Tiburon to do this in a year, but given the other projects they get saddled with... it's hard to see that they could.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Money, that's why it's seemingly taking two years to redo franchise. Most of Madden's resources are allocated to marketing and licensing fees, not development.

When thinking about it, maybe the developers aren't talentless. It could simply be that they lack resources. When EA bought out the exclusive license, they figured that their sales would double due to having 100% of the market share; that didn't happen. Someone, in another thread, pointed out that Madden 10 sold around half of what Madden 05 did. EA probably would've innovation a lot more if Madden sales doubled like they thought they would, but since that didn't happen, and their expensed increased, the development of Madden was severely hampered.

In business, you want to sell your product as cheaply as possible while making a substantial profit at the same time. Since game prices are fixed, EA probably wanted to deliver a quality product, while saving a few features for the following year. Even if you have a monopoly on a certain product, you can't get greedy unless you have a product that people need; a video game does fall into that classification. I'm talking about food, electric, water, things that are essential. Many people can go without a football game, and they have been. Madden's sales have declining since obtaining the exclusive rights.

All the DLC content doesn't scream greed, to me, it screams desperation. EA is trying to find any way to make some money.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
Remember that saying that, given enough time, a roomful of monkeys with typewriters could produce the entire works of shakespeare.

There's no doubt there are more than enough developers at Tiburon to do this in a year, but given the other projects they get saddled with... it's hard to see that they could.
This is exactly what i'm getting at, not having enough resources and time now with all these other projects to fully indulge in Madden 12 completely
Old 10-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

And this is closed. No hey dev threads
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »