Home

So uh... Gameplanning... WTF... Someone please explain...

This is a discussion on So uh... Gameplanning... WTF... Someone please explain... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: So uh... Gameplanning... WTF... Someone please explain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed
Pick the CPU team, set their Gameplans, start the game. Pause before kickoff and switch to your team.

You get stuck with the default but the CPU gets the new gameplan.

However I've read that this alters sliders and such or some people claim it just doesn't work. I'm not really sure as I find it too much hassle just to get the game to do what I want.
I can honestly say that my custom sliders have never been changed by this method, so I don't know why people are saying that. It works good, and it's not too much of a hassle in the grand scheme of things. Just my two cents!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
I can honestly say that my custom sliders have never been changed by this method, so I don't know why people are saying that. It works good, and it's not too much of a hassle in the grand scheme of things. Just my two cents!
I have no idea what people are talking about by doing this it is screwing with their sliders.

BS.
Madden 21 (Fins YR3 1-1)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I have no idea what people are talking about by doing this it is screwing with their sliders.

BS.
I mean what... The sig didn't give it away?

Anyhoo...

So uh... Trying to figure this out... A way around this for someone like me, who wants to play using different teams...

One thing I was thinking, is to just start a franchise mode controlling all 32 teams, and then adjust coaching tendencies to help influence the way the AI calls plays...

It obviously won't work in terms of specific plays, but still... I'm seeing some pretty questionable playcalling...

Ugh... This sucks... I mean really sucks... The game went from pretty decent, to maybe even very good with the ability to set the AI gameplan... But now, I don't even really want to play it anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #12
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

Just guessing but I'm pretty sure it would work. Couldn't you use 2 controllers and set the gameplan for each team and then just move one to the middle once in game?
Old 10-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #13
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Eh... I actually use the gameflow, simply because I play mostly single games with different teams, and am not really familiar with all the personnel, etc. for every team...

I was going to set up gameplans for each team, then assign them pre-game and let gameflow do it's thing...

Obviously my plan has been foiled.

I'm just... In utter disbelief... This had to be a mistake...

But then... To not fix it asap???

It's one of the touted features for this year's game!

Well, no need to even bash them for this, as they've pretty much already done enough damage themselves. I feel more sorry for them at this point...

you can still do this if you clear your cache and do not re-download the patch

- started 11/15/08
Old 10-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
you can still do this if you clear your cache and do not re-download the patch
And then the defense plays like crap. With the new adjustments they made to the actual defense reactions its much better game.

They need to fix gameplanning. But were beating a dead horse since these guys havent even said a thing about it.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 21

This is another case of EA needing to push out new features every year to have something new and fresh.

I like this GameFlow and GamePlanning in theory, but it's implemented so poorly that it's more of a headache than anything right now. As with everything in the Madden world, it will likely take a couple editions to iron out the kinks since they only have a one year dev cycle.

I just hope that Madden 12 is finally the year where EA Tiburon says... "No more crazy new stuff, let's just make everything we already have work perfectly!"

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
And then the defense plays like crap. With the new adjustments they made to the actual defense reactions its much better game.
I completely agree! The Play action pass is also worthless with the pre-patch. Between the horrible defense and PA pass, I had to reload the current patch (1.03, not 1.04).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »