Home

So uh... Gameplanning... WTF... Someone please explain...

This is a discussion on So uh... Gameplanning... WTF... Someone please explain... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
So uh... Gameplanning... WTF... Someone please explain...

I only got the game this week, and haven't been really following all that's gone on with it...

I bought it with the idea that I could use gameplanning to adjust the way the AI calls a game... Cool feature I thought, but when I go to set the gameplan for the computer controlled team it doesn't work, and instead reverts back to the default... Not the way I thought they had it set up...

Sure enough, I come to these forums and do a search... And it turns out they disabled the ability to set the AI gameplan with one of the patches???

I'm going to put aside the baffling question as to why they would do this, and simply ask: are they going to re-enable it at some point?

In my search I couldn't find an answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: So uh... Gameplanning... WTF... Someone please explain...

EA has yet to even publicly address the issue as a problem, so my guess is, that it's never going to be fixed. It was a pretty cool feature! The workaround does make it somewhat tolerable.

Last edited by zadokguy; 10-29-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
EA has yet to even publicly address the issue as a problem, so my guess is, that it's never going to be fixed. It was a pretty cool feature too! The workaround does make it somewhat tolerable.
Workaround?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

This will most likely not be fixed and EA will likely not respond to this either.

Pretty much the status quo for these types of situations unfortunately. They don't tend to ever want to discuss issues with their game, because it's nothing but bad press if they acknowledge their existence.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Workaround?
Pick the CPU team, set their Gameplans, start the game. Pause before kickoff and switch to your team.

You get stuck with the default but the CPU gets the new gameplan.

However I've read that this alters sliders and such or some people claim it just doesn't work. I'm not really sure as I find it too much hassle just to get the game to do what I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Workaround?

It is simple and it works so don't let this patch bug ruin your enjoyment of the game.

Simply move the controller over to the CPU team...select your gameplans for offense and defense and do not move it back to your team. Go into the game as the CPU team. Before the kickoff pause the game and move the controller to the team you want.

Only downside is you can't play as your team for the opening kick off. And you can not gameplan for your team...which is useless for me anyway because I use the entire playbook and call all my own plays.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It is simple and it works so don't let this patch bug ruin your enjoyment of the game.

Simply move the controller over to the CPU team...select your gameplans for offense and defense and do not move it back to your team. Go into the game as the CPU team. Before the kickoff pause the game and move the controller to the team you want.

Only downside is you can't play as your team for the opening kick off. And you can not gameplan for your team...which is useless for me anyway because I use the entire playbook and call all my own plays.
Thanks for this!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Eh... I actually use the gameflow, simply because I play mostly single games with different teams, and am not really familiar with all the personnel, etc. for every team...

I was going to set up gameplans for each team, then assign them pre-game and let gameflow do it's thing...

Obviously my plan has been foiled.

I'm just... In utter disbelief... This had to be a mistake...

But then... To not fix it asap???

It's one of the touted features for this year's game!

Well, no need to even bash them for this, as they've pretty much already done enough damage themselves. I feel more sorry for them at this point...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »