Home

What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of the NFL that happen in Madden?

This is a discussion on What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of the NFL that happen in Madden? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-31-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of the NFL that happen in Madden?

For starters, I'll name a few of my "favorite" aspects that supposedly happen in football according to EA/Madden but do not in reality. I find these amusing year after year.

1. Only my Left Defensive End is capable of getting sacks. Right Defensive Ends regardless of rating are not allowed to sack the QB.

2. There are no Offside Penalties (The setting is at 100 for me and have yet to see one in 5-6 games)

3. Offensive Lineman are incapable of Pancakes (even though they happen frequently in simmed games)

4. Every player is in the league until their mid to late 30's. The NFL which has been often cited to stand for "Not For Long" due to the 3-4 year average career span does not apply.

5. Having said that, players reach their prime in their mid to late 20's and end up staying there. Players never lose a step and do not regress. After several years, almost every starting player in the league is considered "elite". As an example, there are 8 HBs with a 90+ OVR in the default roster set. In my franchise at year 6 and after using NCAA imported players, there are over 20 90+ OVR HBs. This oversupply of talent is evident at every position. In my franchise, "elite" and "special" players is the average.

6. Wide receivers are capable of moving beyond the speed of light. This only occurs to inaccuratly thrown balls by the QB. Cornerbacks all have eyes in the back of their heads and can bat balls down in midair without ever looking.

7. The defense will send 8 guys on an all-out blitz and get burned. As an adjustment, the defense will respond by sending 8 guys only to have the same result and get burned. As an adjustment to THAT, the defense will respond by sending you guessed it...8 guys on an all-out blitz.

8. Ever defender has a right to the ball no matter what as their are no passing interference calls.

What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of football as determined by Madden that happen in the game but not in reality?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of the NFL that happen in Madden

A QB can go through his entire throwing motion AFTER a defender makes contact with him and get the pass off to avoid the sack. Consequently, since he was hit as he threw the pass will be inaccurate and land 20 yards away from any reciever, but there will be no intentional grounding call because he was obviously throwing it to his #1 WR who was 25 yards away from where the ball landed.

A small, elusive RB can run standing completely upright while my 6'2", 220 lb SS barrels into his stomach, but because the RB lowered his shoulder 1 inch at the last second, my SS gets knocked back, falls down and the RB can run it in for the TD.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of the NFL that happen in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
For starters, I'll name a few of my "favorite" aspects that supposedly happen in football according to EA/Madden but do not in reality. I find these amusing year after year.

1. Only my Left Defensive End is capable of getting sacks. Right Defensive Ends regardless of rating are not allowed to sack the QB.
I'm not sure I agree with this one. In my OF with the Eagles my LE Brandon Graham has 5 sacks through 11 games. RE Trent Cole has 8.

In my Chargers OF I use the 3-4 and LOLB Larry English has 7 sacks playing in all 16 games. ROLB Shaun Phillips has 11 sacks and he only played in 13 games due to injury. At LE Castillo has 1 Sack and at RE Haynesworth has 6.

Last edited by Antec; 10-31-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

In Pittsburgh, the sun doesn't rise in the east. It rises either in the west or the north.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

One of my friends online has a technique where he can go to the line on offense and call several formation audibles in a row. Somehow if I'm playing man defense, this causes the cpu to change my man assignments so the defender lined up across from a wr isn't assigned to cover him, my safety on the other side of the field is.

No wonder Peyton Manning does so many audibles on Sundays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13

2. There are no Offside Penalties (The setting is at 100 for me and have yet to see one in 5-6 games)

3. Offensive Lineman are incapable of Pancakes (even though they happen frequently in simmed games)

4. Every player is in the league until their mid to late 30's. The NFL which has been often cited to stand for "Not For Long" due to the 3-4 year average career span does not apply.

5. Having said that, players reach their prime in their mid to late 20's and end up staying there. Players never lose a step and do not regress. After several years, almost every starting player in the league is considered "elite". As an example, there are 8 HBs with a 90+ OVR in the default roster set. In my franchise at year 6 and after using NCAA imported players, there are over 20 90+ OVR HBs. This oversupply of talent is evident at every position. In my franchise, "elite" and "special" players is the average.

6. Wide receivers are capable of moving beyond the speed of light. This only occurs to inaccuratly thrown balls by the QB. Cornerbacks all have eyes in the back of their heads and can bat balls down in midair without ever looking.

7. The defense will send 8 guys on an all-out blitz and get burned. As an adjustment, the defense will respond by sending 8 guys only to have the same result and get burned. As an adjustment to THAT, the defense will respond by sending you guessed it...8 guys on an all-out blitz.

8. Ever defender has a right to the ball no matter what as their are no passing interference calls.

What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of football as determined by Madden that happen in the game but not in reality?
these X1000

Madden needs to fix all of the above issues and many more in Madden 12. Also would like to add...

Despite the fact that both Clay Matthews and Johnny Jolly are coming at Jay Cutler untouched with nothing stopping them, only Matthews makes contact with Cutler as Jolly somehow fails epically, missing the sack and taking himself out of the play. NO GANG SACKS!!!

Dallas Clark makes an unbelievable one-handed catch but has Ray Lewis, one of the most precise hard hitters in the NFL pretty much stalking him. But Lewis cannot tackle Clark because Clark's one-handed catch animation hasn't been completed yet

Fix your gameplay PLEASE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »