Home

Trade advice

This is a discussion on Trade advice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
Personally,a top CB is something I wouldnt part with UNLESS it got me a franchise QB in return or a trade where you just couldnt say no to (i.e. Ricky Williams trade or Hershall Walker trade).

What do you guys think of this trade I just made in my online franchise I am in....

I recieved: CB T. Thomas (87) 26 yrs old, A potential and a 4th round pick

They recieved: ROLB K.Misi (77) 24 yrs old, B potential and a 2nd round pick

I have 2 very good, young CBs already in T.Porter (88) and E.Wright (86) but we all know how much players pass online. I also have DeMarcus Ware (94) who is 29 yrs old and Brad Jones (73) 25 yrs old and B potential on the OLB positions with Timmons in the middle so I still have strong LBers.....you guys think that was a good trade? We are in the 2nd season, but I just took over the team so I havent been through a draft yet and know really what the picks are worth.

You should be arrested for robbery. Great fleece job.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

NO NO NO to replacing a 94 ovr CB that's 25 years old. If you need a reason for his existence, check the opposing WR stats sheet. If their stud WR is consistently down the charts, that's because your CB's blocking the pass again, and again, and again... meaning you don't need to double-cover them all the time. And he's young... he'll be blocking WRs for years.fficeffice" />>>
>>
A better way to get a great WR is to trade for your 1 and 4 draft picks. Keep the ovr high as possible to find the best WR, and if nobody offers, just lower the ovr a point at a time until you start getting offers. Then pick the best youngest player you can.>>
> >
The only time I trade away A-pot young players is when I simply cannot get them to sign for reasonable money. In my franchises Mebane ALWAYS insists on a minimum 7 year, $80+ million contract, and in all the franchises I’ve started between Madden 10 and 11 I’ve got him to re-sign just once. Knowing he’ll likely bolt the end of his contract I always trade him away for a draft pick.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
I am thinking of trading my 25 Year Old, 3rd year pro 94 OVR CB. What do you think is adequate compensation in terms of a 1st round pick? Top 5? Top 10? Not even worth a first round pick? Thanks!
Is that you Josh McDaniels? After seeing McDaniels trade away Pro Bowl QB Cutler and Pro Bowl WR Brandon Marshall, I wouldn't hold that against McDaniels that he would also trade away a 25 Year Old CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »