Home

Trade advice

This is a discussion on Trade advice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Trade advice

I am thinking of trading my 25 Year Old, 3rd year pro 94 OVR CB. What do you think is adequate compensation in terms of a 1st round pick? Top 5? Top 10? Not even worth a first round pick? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Trade advice

Unless that CB is putting you way over the cap or something. I wouldn't trade your best CB for a 1st rounder at any point. Why give away yoour best DB on your team?? I would keep him.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wait...

94 OVR CB?

25 years old?

And you want to trade away THAT?

SMH for real...
Old 11-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Whats the reason behind the trade? cost to much?

Personally i would build around him instead of trading.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Looking to move up in the draft to get a stud WR. My defense is far from stacked but I have several CBs in the mid-80's with B Potential. I play aton of Cover-2 and all of those guys play zone and tackle really well. My stud CB rarely shows up on the stat sheet so I would like to trade him to help my struggling offense out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
Looking to move up in the draft to get a stud WR. My defense is far from stacked but I have several CBs in the mid-80's with B Potential. I play aton of Cover-2 and all of those guys play zone and tackle really well. My stud CB rarely shows up on the stat sheet so I would like to trade him to help my struggling offense out.
I mean if you can get some decent CBs in FA then by all means trade your CB for a good 1st rounder to help out your team. I would do that. But if it is going to hurt your D more. Then I wouldn't do it. He is your best CB. But again if you can find some decent replacements then I say go for it.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Some of your best corners won't come up on your stat sheets, reason could be that they aren't throwing to his side because of it. Look at nnamdi, he barely has anything stat wise because we know he is a shut down corner. The stat you should look at is if opposing teams top wideout gets any catches throughout the season.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Personally,a top CB is something I wouldnt part with UNLESS it got me a franchise QB in return or a trade where you just couldnt say no to (i.e. Ricky Williams trade or Hershall Walker trade).

What do you guys think of this trade I just made in my online franchise I am in....

I recieved: CB T. Thomas (87) 26 yrs old, A potential and a 4th round pick

They recieved: ROLB K.Misi (77) 24 yrs old, B potential and a 2nd round pick

I have 2 very good, young CBs already in T.Porter (88) and E.Wright (86) but we all know how much players pass online. I also have DeMarcus Ware (94) who is 29 yrs old and Brad Jones (73) 25 yrs old and B potential on the OLB positions with Timmons in the middle so I still have strong LBers.....you guys think that was a good trade? We are in the 2nd season, but I just took over the team so I havent been through a draft yet and know really what the picks are worth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »