Home

Pros and Cons of the "No Switch Rule" both on and offline.

This is a discussion on Pros and Cons of the "No Switch Rule" both on and offline. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #17
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pros and Cons of the "No Switch Rule" both on and offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
I am so good at user catching etc that it's just not fair. You can take a 56ovr 97 speed wr who can't catch an turn him into Randy Moss but with the no switch rule he actually plays to his rating an generally will drop a lot of passes an won't get open. Its harder to pad stats etc, the no switch rule is great an to play in the PSL you must abide by it.
which is exactly why we don't have it, there are so many guys who are great at user catching theres no way in you hell you can rely on the cpu to swat the ball everytime or make an int drop. even if its just once or twice the cpu fails you, thats more than i can tolerate. do you guys have the rule applied for offense as well? like no offensive user catching? i kind of like the idea and am considering it for our newest franchise. we're looking to try and level the playing field cause for guys less accustomed to relying on user swats and catches.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Allright well I went ahead and tried this out for my offline chise.

Dolphins at Bengals. I used the no switch rule on defense and no user catch on offense.

WOW!!!!

Dolphins won on a TD pass from Henne to Marshall with under a minute left.

Final score 27-20.

Very challenging, much more sim.

What a massive difference in gameplay. Truly amazing. I had never tried this before. I have always focused on stick skills and of course I will kick the cpu's *** most games doing that. I am really glad for this approach and I can't believe I never had thought of this in 20 plus years of playing Madden.

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Allright well I went ahead and tried this out for my offline chise.

Dolphins at Bengals. I used the no switch rule on defense and no user catch on offense.

WOW!!!!

Dolphins won on a TD pass from Henne to Marshall with under a minute left.

Final score 27-20.

Very challenging, much more sim.

What a massive difference in gameplay. Truly amazing. I had never tried this before. I have always focused on stick skills and of course I will kick the cpu's *** most games doing that. I am really glad for this approach and I can't believe I never had thought of this in 20 plus years of playing Madden.
Oh most definitely a massive difference. Its very rewarding to come out of nowhere and clean the RBs clock when he thinks he's about to break.

Which position did you end up choosing? I love the CB position, but the controller configuration and the fact that you cant change it, has me playing a LB slot most of the time.

You can add to your challenge by finding the weakest link on the team and using him.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #20
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
which is exactly why we don't have it, there are so many guys who are great at user catching theres no way in you hell you can rely on the cpu to swat the ball everytime or make an int drop. even if its just once or twice the cpu fails you, thats more than i can tolerate. do you guys have the rule applied for offense as well? like no offensive user catching? i kind of like the idea and am considering it for our newest franchise. we're looking to try and level the playing field cause for guys less accustomed to relying on user swats and catches.
Yes its for both offense an defense, any time the ball is in the air you can't switch, that means no user catching either.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:24 AM   #21
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
Yes its for both offense an defense, any time the ball is in the air you can't switch, that means no user catching either.

Sometimes people "accidentally" switch though in crucial situations

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 AM   #22
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Yep and if they get an int from it they better punt me back the ball, if they get a TD they better give me a free TD etc etc. lol
Old 11-04-2010, 04:29 AM   #23
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Pro: User picks are much more rewarding

Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #24
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Oh most definitely a massive difference. Its very rewarding to come out of nowhere and clean the RBs clock when he thinks he's about to break.

Which position did you end up choosing? I love the CB position, but the controller configuration and the fact that you cant change it, has me playing a LB slot most of the time.

You can add to your challenge by finding the weakest link on the team and using him.
I was playing either as Cameron Wake (ROLB) or Carlos Dansby (LILB). Some downs I would play as Randy Starks (DT). I did play as the SS some downs as well. I just stuck to the rule to never switch once the ball was snapped. I even did not switch after the ball was caught, I would just tryto hustle to make or join in on the tackle.

Really made the game much more challenging.

Also on offense Hartline had a couple of drops that flipped me out....ones I probably would have made with a user catch....but you know I actually said to myself...he is not that good, he has been dropping passes IRL and it did add another level of realism and it made me go away from him and look for other options in crucial moments (hitting Bess for some key first downs etc).

I am going this way going forward. I will also bring it to the floor before out second season starts in my online chise.

It is hard to enforce though. I can see it being a problem online.

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »